Macintosh Brewing Software - Beeralchemy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have to give this a crack I reckon, although I'm lucky enough to have a PC and a Mac sitting side by side on my desk!

that's 1 Piece of Crap too many
I wouldn't say lucky unless you threw away the accountant machine :p

Got it running now on my mac 10.3.9 now just have to register the software

I'd double check that it's running ok and not crashing, it doesn't support 10.3.9 and I had lots of trouble trying to use it on that system software version.

seems to be working here ok no crashes so far didnt work with 10.3.8 but with the new apple update to 10.3.9 all looks ok so far just need to register the program

A cool new feature for Beer Alchemy.
From here.

As well as allowing brewers to take their recipes with them on their iPods,
the new release of BeerAlchemy also offers ingredient inventory management
and a revamped way of handling batches.

I feel a feature request post to the Promash forums is in order :p

Beers,
Doc

i was lucky enough to get a pre-release version of the latest update
this software continually blows me away with every update
Picture_11.png Steve even added this window after i asked for it in the carbonation calculator... yeah yeah, I know, Metric Man :)
It's even got a link to G&G and ESB with Skype, so you can ring them, or Austin Homebrew in Texas plus many more for a quote/order.
I tried the Oz ones and they were both landlines so you'd need Skype out. (pity there isn't a HBS savvy enough to be online or hi-tech these days) a free Skype call would be easier.

Can't recommend it enough.

I put the feature request into the Promash board today.
Looking at other posts on their forum, it looks like Promash v2.0 is still a while off. The good thing is it does do everything really well. New features like iPod synch are nice and glossy and cool, but don't really aid the brewing.
A new Powerbook would be great :)

Doc

"but don't really aid the brewing" top point Doc

yes a powerbook would be excellent if there are any nice Apple store people out there.....

Dowloaded this yesterday at home. All seemed fine during the download. Double clicked on the icon....zip! Nothing happens? Any ideas? I am using OSX but cant remember the exact version.
Cheers
Steve

It's currently up to v 1.3

Yeah - I noticed. I am running OS 10.4.
Do I have to download the original beer alchemy do you think?
Cheers
Steve

Cheers
Steve

No, the download appears to be a full app that you replace your older version for. Though this version promted me to put in my registration details again.

Cheers
Steve

No, the download appears to be a full app that you replace your older version for. Though this version promted me to put in my registration details again.

I was just trying to down load the demo? No worries i'll have another play tonight.
Cheers
Steve

Find your download and double click on it.
When the disk image mounts, you need to drag the blue BA image into the Apps icon, (which will overwrite any old version of BA) eject the disk image and run BA from your Apps menu, I added mine to the dock as well.
This was the first time that I had to manually re-enter the reg numbers.

Fwoar. Just been having a look through the app and it's brilliant.

Well laid out and very easy to use. Expecially like the inventory management aspect.

Definately worth USD$29.95

Fwoar. Just been having a look through the app and it's brilliant.

Well laid out and very easy to use. Expecially like the inventory management aspect.

Definately worth USD$29.95

I still cant get it to work. Just gave up :(

I downloaded it, put it in applications, double click - nothing?

Latest posts

Back