m3taL's Homebraumeister build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good on ya looks a goer

You did'nt need a ball valve on you're pump

Did you sparge how much was you're boil vol

So all up was about a grand to do the build

rude said:
Good on ya looks a goer

You did'nt need a ball valve on you're pump

Did you sparge how much was you're boil vol

So all up was about a grand to do the build
Hey mate, Didnt sparge or boil or anything was purely a test for the pump the grain went to chooks and wort down the drain...

A Ballvalve will be put on the vessel after i mount the element and make the stand etc but seems like i dont need one on the pump hoping this is the case as i just want to be able to put quick connects on the pump so it can clip on and off..... nothing more. i would look at a Motor controller to adjust the speed of the pump over using a ballvalve.

I will work out a full price work out and approx hours involved.

One issue that is worrying me is the grain sticking to the all thread as i lift the malt pipe out.... there was a substantial amount. This may need to be rectified by getting a solid piece of 12mm SS Bar and tig welding some thread do just the top where it would be required. This would be an easy fix as i have not fused the inside of the Allthread inside the vessel yet. just a matter of grinding the bottom weld off, unscrewing the old thread, drill out the hole then tig the 12mm SS Rod.

Everything that has been welded or is inside the vessel is 316 ss too.

Nice video, even if I did have to turn the sound off.... :ph34r:

One thing I noticed is that you put the fine mesh filter on top of the top filter plate.

Not sure what the instructions say, but I always put the fine mesh filter on the underside of the top filter plate, so that the wort coming up through the malt pipe can't bend the edge of the fine mesh filter up and let grains though.

Cervantes said:
Nice video, even if I did have to turn the sound off.... :ph34r:

One thing I noticed is that you put the fine mesh filter on top of the top filter plate.

Not sure what the instructions say, but I always put the fine mesh filter on the underside of the top filter plate, so that the wort coming up through the malt pipe can't bend the edge of the fine mesh filter up and let grains though.
Hahah There was too much background noise and i was talking about it but just didnt work out. So i put some music over it... should wake you up :)

Yeah i put it the wrong way didnt even realise until i took it off...

m3taL said:
20l pipe from bm20 was 150 then I got the supports and filters and the bar bout 350 odd all up.

Will keep the pics and build coming as I do it hope to brew in a fortnight
Can you tell us where you bought them?

Mate how do you do it 5 ankle bitters I have 3 & under the pump

You must have a good better half & considerate considering its for beer consumption

Not sure how hard it is to thread ss with a dia nut kero for lube maybe???
Unsure of the Brau's set up

You have gone for Laels cont are they better than say an Auberins soak & wet pid cont

Hey Cervanties has it been blowing SW up there laterly ?
He bought the malt pipe & spares from grain & grape

Latest posts

Back