M.i.a

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdsaint

Reaction score
I am back now people, been missing in action for a while, after being outta brewing for a year or two looking to get back in but re-educating myself this time around, this just happens to be the best forum site going...I am also listening to some podcasts so if anyone knows some good home brewing podcasts shout out, I miss my brewing could never get rid of the twang taste in my beers so i am hunting down some more new gear to start over as my old ones are dead and gone, so the restart button has been pressed time to revise and search the wide web for info and new gear.....also now reading beer and brewer great mag, as well as stiring away from the vb, tooheys, now into hand crafted beers
best to date so far I would say knappstien brewery reserve lager not bad drop....anyway I am back!!

etc etc..............................I miss my brewing could never get rid of the twang taste in my beers ....................etc etc......................................

JD,

Of course you know not to use sugar, use dextrose or one of those brew enhancer
products, which are a mix of dex, corn syrup, and dried malt powder.

Also try some of the Morgans range, they seem to turn out a well rounded beer with no discernable 'twang'.

cheers
BB

JD,

Of course you know not to use sugar, use dextrose or one of those brew enhancer
products, which are a mix of dex, corn syrup, and dried malt powder.

Also try some of the Morgans range, they seem to turn out a well rounded beer with no discernable 'twang'.

cheers
BB

cheers thanks mate, I was using the can kits and a can of malt with some dry hops usually primary fermented for 2 weeks at 18-20 degrees, secondary ferment for a week and then chilled for a week in a fridge about 3-5 degrees all up it was 4 weeks before bottling....

Latest posts

Back