Lpg Burner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopie89

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been doing a little research and can't find a definitive answer on whether a US LPG burner would be able to be used with an Australian LPG bottle, whether there are different threads or anything, if anyone knows would be great to here from you. Just having a bit of a look around and wondering whether a burner like this would be any good.
Cheers,
Hopie

How much do you reckon it'll cost you to send almost 10KG from USA to Australia, PLUS the US$89.90?

You'll be better off buying locally I reckon and not have to worry about any conversion.

that burner look a lot like the one they sell at BCF.

At the time I was looking for a burner, the BCF and Beerbelly Italian Spiral were very close in price, but the build quality on the BCF one was poor so i went with the Italian Spiral, very happy that I did.

Now I believe the spiral burner has a new design which includes wind shields, so this is a plus.

Thats just a turkey burner isn't it? aka a nasa burner?

Like Beerfingers said, buy local. From time to time BCF has them on special complete with 30-40L aluminium pot.
I personally went with an Italian spiral burner, but I did consider the BCF one. Briefly...

Edit: Damn, too slow.

I got my 32 jet mongolian burner for $110 delivered from keeferbros. It didn't have a stand with it but its nothing a few bricks can't handle.

If you really want to do it on the cheap These are pretty good. PLus the guy does combined shipping on lots of 4. I think it cost me $30 delivered when i went in some other brewers. All you need then is a high pressure reg and you're away.

As already mentioned the post to Aust will kill you for that burner, plus only 60,000btu meh!

I would go the BCF version, which I believe is a lot higher BTU rating as a bonus.

Otherwise just import a burner head itself and make a stand. I'm running 2 x 150,000btu burners under my 140L pot. :lol: The US NASA burners fit up to most Aust LPG lines, if not then a $5 adapter from BBQ Galore will make it fit up.

I've got some info here

QldKev

I love how everyone automatically jumps on the postage bandwagon when that wasn't in the question. I'm going to be in America on a ship and will be bringing things back with me. just figure if I can get a cheaper burner there then I may aswell. cheers QLDkev I figured there would be some sort of adapter if need be.
Cheers,
Hopie

I love how everyone automatically jumps on the postage bandwagon when that wasn't in the question.

neither was the fact that you were going to bring it back with you... seems like a fairly safe assumption to me...

neither was the fact that you were going to bring it back with you... seems like a fairly safe assumption to me...

Yeah I probably should have mentioned that initially. If I can't find a decent burner for a good price then I will probably go with the beer belly option, but would prefer to go a bit cheaper as I'm pretty much buying a full begging setup except co2 bottle and reg. and a mill while I'm there. so will just have to have a look around.
Cheers,
Hopie

Latest posts

Back