Low Level Dry Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef

Reaction score
Brewed a couple of lagers the other day. I impulsively threw a handful of Sorachi Ace into the cube (no chill) with the second one- now i'm wishing i hadn't. I brewed a Smash with sorachi a while back and it was pretty feral- tasted like off marmalade.

Anyhow, now i'm thinking of adding a small amount of something once ferment has finished to help soften the sorachi hit. Any recomendations on how much to use, or what type (don't want a stupidly hoppy beer)?

Got cascade, simcoe, chinook, centennial, Nelson sauvin, citra and amarillo & fuggles on hand.

I was thinking maybe 10g of either nelson sauvin or centennial? (20l batch)

you're not really trying to soften it, more dilute it by creating a more complex flavour. Nelson sauvin has a strong aroma so would either overpower or atleast make a more complex aroma.

I've not brewed with sorachi but I love a reasonable amount of fuggles with fruitier hops. The smokiness makes you feel like less of a girl when you start dancing around in circles praising the passionfruit sherbert flavour in your beer. Instead you've dropped cigar ash into your pashinfruit sherbert beer. yum???

Back