Lost Some Beer....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDD

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just put a toucan stout down yesterday. Having done one toucan brew before i knew there was a pretty good chance there was going to be a blowout. Apon discovering that the plastic tubing i bought to make a blow off tube wasn't as airtight as i thought, i decided that i would just use my regular airlock, put some towels down and just deal with the mess......Anyways, i got home this afternoon and discovered that i not only had a heap of foam coming out of the airlock as i expected, but also had about 1 litre of the beer sitting in the top of the lid of the fermenter!!! :(

oh well guess ill just have to make some more :D

i got home this afternoon and discovered that i not only had a heap of foam coming out of the airlock as i expected, but also had about 1 litre of the beer sitting in the top of the lid of the fermenter!!! :(

Photo's or it didn't happen

Already cleaned it up so no photos unfortunately sorry. Trust me it happened. Was a very sad moment in my brewing career sponging up all that beer from the top of the lid.....

If your upset about 1L of toucan... I'd hate to see what happens when you leave the tap open after an AG brew day!

If your upset about 1L of toucan... I'd hate to see what happens when you leave the tap open after an AG brew day!

Or carbs up a keg with a leaky out post and no disconnect / tap attached......

pfft, 1L Lolz. :lol:

Still have 20-22L left so no biggy! :super:

Cheers,
D80

I'd hate to see what happens when you leave the tap open after an AG brew day!

Me too!!!! :lol:

Lets hope that doesnt happen in the future when i venture into AG brewing.

Or carbs up a keg with a leaky out post and no disconnect / tap attached......

...inside a fridge the day before you've organised to have your mates around with the promise of a keg full of cold beer..... replacement valves suddenly seem like really good value

that's not so bad.
I lost 8 litres of wort from a faulty tap yesterday.
worst was the clean-up...

Back