Lost In The Boil

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkale

Reaction score
Hi all

Just dumb question say at start of boil 26l boil for 60mins if you loose to much in the boil say down to 21l can this affect your Original Gravity reading as in being more concentrated?

Cheers Monkale :huh:

Hi all

Just dumb question say at start of boil 26l boil for 60mins if you loose to much in the boil say down to 21l can this affect your Original Gravity reading as in being more concentrated?

Cheers Monkale :huh:

Yep

OG is measured post boil Jeff.

Thanks guys
Srewtop post boil you say Im a dumb ass :rolleyes: So if I have to add some water dose it have to be distiled ? I think I need about 2L

Cheers Monkale

Thanks guys
Srewtop post boil you say Im a dumb ass :rolleyes: So if I have to add some water dose it have to be distiled ? I think I need about 2L

Cheers Monkale

Nah, but I'd boil it first if your no-chilling.
Don't think it'd really matter if your cooling and pitching straight away.

This explains it better than I would.

Dilution should work similarly, given that water should have an SG of 1.000. Just work the equation backwards so that you've gained volume instead of lost it.

Get a brewing spreadsheet or buy Promash (Beersmith if you're desperate :p ), they'll have all those calculations in there for you.

Thanks boys Im onto it now :D clear as

Cheers monkale

Back