Looking For Breiss Sorghum Syrup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lokpikn

Reaction score
I have been reading the latest issue of BYO magazine and it appears that Breiss is bring out a gluten free extract. I have been

wanting to make Gluten free beer for a mate of mine for some time now but I know it wll be hard using equipment that i use

malt on so i have let it rest.

Im hoping that someone can put me in the right direction or heard of any one that may start to stock this product. I have

looked on my normal suppliers web sites with no luck i cant really find ant one suppling even normal breiss malt extract.

Hope for some info of fellow brewers.

Thanks

I have sent a email to the Breiss web site to find out if any one in Australia is importing it here so I will have to wait and see but if its like a few other companys I have tried to get

some info off I wont be holding my breath. (for to long anyway)

Hi Lokpikn the sorghum syrup will be available in Australia very shortly through Brewers Choice stores in Qld. We will be packaging and selling this as 2 recipe packs in 2.8kg tubs with hops and yeast for $49.95. The syrup will sell separately for approx $40. There is some info on the Gluten free brewing link on our website. There is a link at the bottom of my post to our website. I will make another post in the retail section when we get all the details finalised.

Cheers
Anthony

Hi Anthony, will the pack your making up include the Gluten Free Wyeast Yeast strains?

Hi Anthony, will the pack your making up include the Gluten Free Wyeast Yeast strains?

Hi Geoff, The recipe pack will come with Safale US05 as a standard. To the best of my knowledge the entire range of fermentis yeasts are gluten free. In trial batches that I have done I used US05 exclusively with good results.

Cheers
Anthony

Back