Looking For A Taste Like Db Export

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshine

Reaction score
Hi guys iam new to brewing and have put through a couple of coopers brews but would like to get something that tastes like DB export it is a larger i think just thought there may be some x kiwis that would have some idea of what i could use, great site guys keep it up . jim :beer:

Hi Jim,

My recollection of DB Export Dry is a little hazy as I only ever drank it when I was hammered. I don't know if you're K&K or AG, but basically, these rules will apply:

- It's quite dry, so AG, mash as low as possible
- It lacks any body at all, so supplement with either white sugar or dex
- The yeast needs to be really neutral, so I'd use the saflager Swiss one (don't recall the #, sorry!)
- Use Pilsner malts and/or light DME
- No aroma hops, single addition of something like PoR

Ferment as a lager (ie.. 11-12deg), it's a pretty benign beer - they're often the hardest ones to make. Drink as cold as you can make them.

Cheers = Mike

Hi jim
mvzoom nailed it, or was that your avatar kiwi bird!!
my experience of DB is megaswil at its coldest. you will struggle too clone this.
If you are new to brewing, just try keeep it easy and easy is generally ALES. Do you have temp control? if so, jump straight in to a lager,if not i would say keep reading, keep enjoying and good luck!!
Haysie

Back