• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Longnecks Wanted In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coloneldom

Reaction score
G'day guys,

I am just looking for any possible 750ml longnecks that people may be willing to sell or giveaway, I currently buy 650ml bottles for a $1 each so I am looking for any better deals out there. I am only just starting homebrewing and have put 3 brews down, hoping to improve the bottle collection!

Cheers

G'day guys,

I am just looking for any possible 750ml longnecks that people may be willing to sell or giveaway, I currently buy 650ml bottles for a $1 each so I am looking for any better deals out there. I am only just starting homebrewing and have put 3 brews down, hoping to improve the bottle collection!

Cheers

First of all welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of great people and advice here.

Sorry i can't help you with the supply of bottles apart from offering the following advice:
1. use the search feature. As the sourcing of bottles is a popular topic :blink: it has been discussed a couple of times before.
2. Put ad ad in your local freebie paper I scored 23 doz for $50 as this guy was cleaning out a deceased estate.
3. keep an eye out during council cleanups.

Where in Sydney are you (tip fill in your profile)? There are some active brewing groups around including the hills district, macarthur region & inner/southern sydney. Apart from the info you'll pick up here, joining in with these groups will not only provide a great social experience :beer: but facilitate info exchange.

beers crozdog

Thanks for the tips fellas, I will have to try em all out. I am in Oatley in Sydney down south, around the Hurstville area but I also live at Bathurst during the year because i go to uni there (hence the need for cheap bottles!) I have also been using a hand capper but i might be able to get my hands on a bench capper from a mate's old man, I didn't realise it would affect what type of bottles i would use?

Cheers

I put a 'wanted' sign up on the notice board at the local supermarket. A couple of days later I got a call from a guy who was looking to get rid of 120 old king browns (crown tops) he had sitting in his garage. He also threw in a bench capper all for nix. Great score I thought.

Thanks for the tips fellas, I will have to try em all out. I am in Oatley in Sydney down south, around the Hurstville area but I also live at Bathurst during the year because i go to uni there (hence the need for cheap bottles!) I have also been using a hand capper but i might be able to get my hands on a bench capper from a mate's old man, I didn't realise it would affect what type of bottles i would use?

Cheers

Cheaper cappers won't manage to put a crown seal on a twist top bottle, while the better ones will.
Cospack & plasdene sell 630ml(?) bottles for about $0.68 each, otherwise keep an eye on ebay, they often come up there.

You'll also find washing bottles becomes a chore & you'll want to get kegs to avoid washing & storing bottles. if you can afford it / have fridge space use your $ for kegs instead of bottles. You can also get PET beer bottles from BIGW etc for less than $1 / bottle.

Keep your eye on the posts here & you will see when the ISB & MALE meetings are happening. Make yourself known & join in.

G'day guys,

Cheers

Would you be interested in some German 500ml bottles? I have 40 here in customised plastic crates (1 bottle per cell, 20 / crate). I was about to list them as I have been kegging for years & they are taking up space. These are returnable bottles, so they are similar in glass thickness & strength to the old Cooper's / Pickaxe longnecks. If you have seen Weihenstephan beers in bottle shops, you'll know what they look like.

I'm in Annandale if you'd like to make an offer.

Cheers for all the help fellas,
homebrewworld.com has saved me and saved a heap of my hard earned $$$ from going down the drain. Will soon be bottling and brewing more and more everyday!
Cheers Cornelson for the offer as well, I may take you up on it one day in the near future!

talk to a local reception centre , they will often save the bottles they use for functions providing you pick them up regularly and dont leave them piling up there , i did this to get a load a champagne bottles , only tried one place and they were only to happy to help they only throw them in the bin anyway...

I rate the champers bottles highly, good for experimental brews such as the infamous 'sugar monster'

Instead of paying a dollar for the 650ml (which you will grow to dislike, rapidly), maybe invest in $4.50 in a 750ml bottle, made by Coopers. This bottle also has the added bonus of being filled with great beer.

I have so many of the things my wife is, well being my wife. I better use my 5 fermenters and actually make some beer.

Back