Long time taster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftbeerquest

Reaction score
Hi All,
As the title suggests I've been tasting the delights of craft beer for a number of years now and the flavours that can be produced just blow me away.

I first delved into home brewing about 20 years ago up in the NT but in those days I'm not sure it was such a well developed industry as it is now. That all finished when I moved back to Brisbane in 1996 and in between I haven't done anything. Well nothing serious in the home brewing scene, nothing you would consider as a true home brewer.

Sure I've taken my bottles to a micro brewery and tasted the brew I like then let them do the work. And recently with my step sons we've advanced that to purchasing wort kits and trying a brew or 3 that way. In fact I'm not even sure I want to brew. But I sure as hell want to keep tasting!

Why am I here then? Well I've been such a fan for so long, to the extent that for my 50th birthday this year my wife offered to take me anywhere I chose and I chose Portland Oregon, http://www.travelportland.com/collection/beer/

After that trip I decided I wanted to start recording my adventures and getting more involved with the local scene simply for the fun, entertainment, great mate ship, and of course to taste the great bloody beers that are around. I decided to kick of a blog to do this properly and I am also on Untappd, Instagram, and Twitter all under craftbeerquest

So that's me. I may not be able to contribute much in the way of brewing advice. But I've had a wide and varied life and career, during which I have made it my quest to try as many varieties of beer as I can. If I can contribute I will. If I can help I will. If I can taste your beers and provide my thoughts I most definitely will! :drinks:
I look forward to being part of the forums.

cheers
ferg

Hey mate, welcome back to brewing! As a lover of craft beer I think you'll find being able to make beer to your own taste a wonderful thing.

Well... Get along to the case swaps, pretty much every state has one, usually July and December, keep your eye out for them,

Might be good to do write ups and travel for ;)

Latest posts

Back