Long Time Members Who Dont Post Much

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was here a couple of years back then had two tin lids which stops nearly everything you ever did, but now 4 and 2 years old so i started brewing again and came bcak here and contribute a little probably more questions than answers though

AW

well i guess i qualify as a long time member that hasnt got a lot of posts up, i read the forum nearly everyday, sometimes only on for 5 mins , other times an hour or two, cant see much point in posting a lot unless i need info or can help on a query by someone, there are a lot more informed people on here that give good advice and actually know what they are talking about so i leave that to those guys to answer most questions, i find that there are a lot of guys on here that answer everything thats posted with sometimes advice thats not always correct, , then there are the ones that have only been on the site for a matter of a few months but have posted in the thousands, wonder when they actually get time to brew.
fergi

i can put myself in that group
i look in every day, and just when i think that there is something that i can add, i read down a little further and ten other people have responded the with the same thing i was guna say and more.
there is definitely alot of smart buggers on this forum

Man thats alot of biting your tongue....or fingers i guess.

I know!!!!! Some stuff I just dont bother with.... :unsure: Or id be typing non-stop, Im already over-opinionated in my world......

This(AHB) is my Social release though really, only mates up here ive got are the ones I chat to here... :ph34r:

:icon_cheers: CB

well i guess i qualify as a long time member that hasnt got a lot of posts up, i read the forum nearly everyday, sometimes only on for 5 mins , other times an hour or two, cant see much point in posting a lot unless i need info or can help on a query by someone, there are a lot more informed people on here that give good advice and actually know what they are talking about so i leave that to those guys to answer most questions, i find that there are a lot of guys on here that answer everything thats posted with sometimes advice thats not always correct, , then there are the ones that have only been on the site for a matter of a few months but have posted in the thousands, wonder when they actually get time to brew.
fergi

well said Fergi :beer:

long time lurker ..........first time poster.

Learnt some great info from the guys here and now make some truly wonderful all grain beer and serve from kegs as a result

Thanks Lads

:icon_chickcheers:

I have lurked. Now & then I have posted. This place has changed a bit, & not all for the better.
KN

slack arse lurkers :p

learn all...... share nothing.

seriously though.............. id like to know how many of the 13000 odd members have never posted?

13000 members and we still have a record of 137 on line set 2 years ago?????????????

where are they all?

Id recon active member numbers are closer to 2000 odd?......... just a guess

post people......... post.

Just no more Chappo's

One is enough

cheers

:lol:

I just cant resist the stir mate :)

Hehe, I just wonder how many of us 'lurkers' who do check in here everyday and never post have read this thread and thought "you know I could write something but...."

they killed poor old drunk_chappo :(

poorlydisguised.jpg

0.11 posts per day for me :D oh wait this may increase my average, how do I get this deleted.

;)

Shawn

0.11 posts per day for me :D oh wait this may increase my average, how do I get this deleted.

;)

Shawn

Hey I joined 27 days before you and I'm 30 posts behind (a cracking .07 posts per day). Stop chewing bandwidth ;)

I think you will find most posting topics have been done to death over the years hence the long time members dont readily reply as it becomes repetitive plus i think its also good to let others have there say.

Cheers
Big D

I only keep track of a couple of subjects now and only write to these if necessary, whimsical or very drunk. (I am currently trying to conserve my marathon writes/concentration for BIAB guides etc. ;))

Of course, I occasionally click on a thread with a good title but is it just me or do threads these days seem to quickly descend in quality? It seems that I rarely happen upon a thread these days that gives consistent sound advice. The poor buggers writing sound advice seem to be too quickly drowned out or ignored in favour of some silly and usually full-on illogical argument. To be honest, I can't even recall a promising thread I have looked at in recent times that didn't quickly depress me.

I feel very lucky that I joined at the time I did and was helped directly by so many brewers and have got to meet so many legends like big_d above.

I just hope the genuine new guys here still get the service I got.

BTW big_d, beers at my place on Saturday...

;)
Pat

[
. The poor buggers writing sound advice seem to be too quickly drowned out or ignored in favour of some silly and usually full-on illogical argument.

This is the reason some people dont post as much. Lurking is better. Hard to bite your tongue sometimes though. I am guilty of "biting" sometimes. Still a great site though.

Im no expert, but if i have experience with something, i will share that experience, not quote a website or text book.

I reckon I would have to be one of the oldest regular members which seems to just lurk.

I don't post too much but certainly read what I can, have always been K&K but in the past month have moved to AG with now 3 brews under my belt.

Back