Local Homebrew Shops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being Grantw is in NSW, I would suggest Campbelltown, NSW not Campbelltown, SA.

Yes that would be the NSW Campbelltown. Apologies to Bill in SA, but if you have any Danstar Nottingham though , let me know :D

cheers

grant

Being Grantw is in NSW, I would suggest Campbelltown, NSW not Campbelltown, SA.

Hmmm..I find this post most amusing considering another post on another forum... ;)

maybe He 'Just assumed you KNEW He was talking about Campbelltown, NSW' :D :D

G'day guys
Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I just wanted to update and correct my earlier post where I said I had no idea of marks prices, along with several other Newy boys, cause now I do and I am even more happy with him, though how his prices compare to the other retailers I can't say. I just went and got a bag each of the Fawcetts floor malted Maris otter and a bag of weyermann premium pils for the princely sum of $81.25 a bag.
Maybe this is more than you guys pay per bag, but for mine his prices are brilliant, and I have no qualms about paying these prices, maybe I should ask him about bulk buying to get it cheaper ;)
So, yeah, NSW has it's fair share of good LHBS's.
All the best
Trent

This is an old thread, I know, but thought that i wanted to add a vote for my "local" homebrew shop. I say local, but the reality is I have to drive over 5 hours each way to get there. You might ask why , when there are more local HBS within an hour of me. You see I am building a pico-brewery at Kentucky New England NSW, the brewery is based on a Braumeister 50liter, I do 50 liter batches three days a week, and the brew shop I travel drive a ten hour day to buy the essentials is MHB in Newcastle. Mark has a great variety of grain, hops and all other things brewing. but the very best thing is that he is generous with the most valuable thing he can supply. That is knowledge, I have found that having someone on the end of the phone who is willing to help when the faeces hits the aeronautical wind moving device is invaluable. I have to say that the nerve wracking experience of investing what little is left of my life savings into a brewery, has been made easier because of the help and support I have been given, So my vote goes to MHB.

Gympie Home Brew Shop is now:

:icon_chickcheers: Under New Management :icon_chickcheers:

And new owner Dave is catering to Beer Brewers as well as the Spirit Folk. He's surprised at how many homebrewers have dropped in over the past couple of weeks since taking over, and has already had to replenish stocks. A breath of fresh air, he says he needs to learn from brewers what they need and what to stock.

Screwy

Best LHBS near here is a garden center. More spirits gear than beer. Right next to their large hydroponics section... Need to check use by dates, and they strictly do K&K. I got a bit excited when I saw a fridge with yeast, but it was all wine yeasts. At least the owner knows a bit about brewing and is easy to talk to. The only other LHBS does stock a little bit of grain, but is overpriced and the lady running it doesn't seem to have the attitude or temperament for retail work.
Thank goodness for OLHBS, especially the site sponsors. :)

This is an old thread, I know, but thought that i wanted to add a vote for my "local" homebrew shop. I say local, but the reality is I have to drive over 5 hours each way to get there. You might ask why , when there are more local HBS within an hour of me. You see I am building a pico-brewery at Kentucky New England NSW, the brewery is based on a Braumeister 50liter, I do 50 liter batches three days a week, and the brew shop I travel drive a ten hour day to buy the essentials is MHB in Newcastle. Mark has a great variety of grain, hops and all other things brewing. but the very best thing is that he is generous with the most valuable thing he can supply. That is knowledge, I have found that having someone on the end of the phone who is willing to help when the faeces hits the aeronautical wind moving device is invaluable. I have to say that the nerve wracking experience of investing what little is left of my life savings into a brewery, has been made easier because of the help and support I have been given, So my vote goes to MHB.

"Beer & Brewer magazine awards 2010" https://www.beerandbrewer.com/awards_old

Best Home Brew Shop
Sponsored by BREW Cellar

ACT
1 Brew Your Own At Home, Kambah Village, www.brewyourown.com.au
2 Mashematics, www.mashematics.net

NSW
1 All Things Brewing, Albion Park, www.allthingsbrewing.com.au
2 The Ultimate Home Brew shop, North Gosford, www.theultimatehomebrew.com.au
3 Northern Brew, Woonoona, www.northernbrew.com.au
4 The Brew Shop, Peakhurst, www.thebrewshop.com.au
5 Kirrawee Home Brew, Kirrawee, www.ndbrewing.com.au

NT
1 Oz Brew, Millner, www.ozbrew.com
2 Oz Brew, Yarrawonga, www.ozbrew.com

Qld
1 Marlin Coast HB Supplies, Cairns, Ph: (07) 4041 6606
2 Mikes Home Brew, Beenleigh, www.mikesbrew.com.au
3 Quality Home Brew, Slacks Creek, www.qualityhomebrew.com.au
4 Terry OBriens Brewers World, Strathpine, www.homebrewer.com.au
5 Stews Home Brew, Maroochydore, www.stewshomebrew.com.au

SA
1 Brewmaker Home Brewing, Holden Hill, www.brewmaker.com.au
2 Beerbelly Brewing Equipment, Pooraka, www.beerbelly.com.au

Tas
1 Tasmanian Home Brewing Supplies, Hobart, www.thbs.intas.net

Vic
1 Grain & Grape, Yarraville, www.grainandgrape.com.au
2 Brewers Choice, Woori Yallock, www.brewerschoice.net.au
3 Ballarat Home Brew, Ballarat, www.ballarathomebrew.com.au
4 Bendigo Home Brew. Ironbark, www.homebrewcentre.com.au
5 Narre Brew Supplies, Hallam, Ph: (03) 9796 4703

WA
1 Brewmart Brewing Supplies, Bayswater, www.brewmart.com.au
2 T.W.O.C, Bibra Lake, www.homebru.com.au
3 Bake & Brew, Rockingham Ph: (08) 95271372
4 Brewers Delight, Mandurah, www.brewers-delight.com
5 Bootleg Homebrew Supplies, Maddington, Ph: (08) 9493 2979

"Beer & Brewer magazine awards 2010" https://www.beerandbrewer.com/awards_old

Best Home Brew Shop
Sponsored by BREW Cellar

Qld
1 Marlin Coast HB Supplies, Cairns, Ph: (07) 4041 6606
2 Mikes Home Brew, Beenleigh, www.mikesbrew.com.au
3 Quality Home Brew, Slacks Creek, www.qualityhomebrew.com.au
4 Terry OBriens Brewers World, Strathpine, www.homebrewer.com.au
5 Stews Home Brew, Maroochydore, www.stewshomebrew.com.au

Looks like we must be Qld's best kept secret or nobody loves us :p

Having been to Stew's Homebrew, I believe it may be...

Mostly K&K and spirit type stuff.

Still very friendly and helpful though.

I was at the P.U.B.S. club meeting last night and a brewer said he'd gone into his LHBS at Strathpine to see if he could get some urgently required crystal malt.
Response: "Nah we don't keep grains, attracts the ******* rats"

How to make a million dollars in home brew supplies. :icon_drunk:

Edit: do celibate rats still eat grains?

I was at the P.U.B.S. club meeting last night and a brewer said he'd gone into his LHBS at Strathpine to see if he could get some urgently required crystal malt.
Response: "Nah we don't keep grains, attracts the ******* rats"

How to make a million dollars in home brew supplies. :icon_drunk:

Edit: do celibate rats still eat grains?

Ha Ha same shop told me that he doesn't cater for grain brewers because they can get it cheaper than he can. But I have been suprised with his competitive pricing on some items.

Cheers

Ross you obviously have the rare privilege of being the elephant in the room. :icon_cheers:

fecking Mammoth more like it :lol:

Edit: Mammoth don't cut it , try Mumak of Harad

mumak.jpeg

Best LHBS near here is a garden center. More spirits gear than beer. Right next to their large hydroponics section... Need to check use by dates, and they strictly do K&K. I got a bit excited when I saw a fridge with yeast, but it was all wine yeasts. At least the owner knows a bit about brewing and is easy to talk to. The only other LHBS does stock a little bit of grain, but is overpriced and the lady running it doesn't seem to have the attitude or temperament for retail work.
Thank goodness for OLHBS, especially the site sponsors.

Have to agree with you there Spork, the Legana garden center while small and mainly catering to K&K is vastly superior to dealing with the rude and unhelpful staff at the dedicated home brew shop in town. Last time I was at northern home brewing in Launceston about a year ago I asked what hops that had and was told "we have a lot out back" but didn't tell me what they stocked. I named about five variety's (mostly american, can't remember exactly) and was told "none of those". How hard would it have been to tell me what they had in stock and if they didn't have what I was after then to suggest an alternative. may not seem a big deal but after being treated like I was just a inconvenience every time I went in there I decided not to go back. Their prices are also totally ludicrous.

The garden center does however carries a small range of the Fermentis yeast in their fridge and I'm sure if enough people were interested they would probably get in a few liquid yeasts too.

end rant. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back