Living without the internet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Could you survive a few days without internet access

• Are you F*&^%%g serious....no internet...no way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Yes

• What is the Internet ?

• Total voters
That would be a yes vote from me, I have beer to keep me company while internet is on holiday.. easy done..

I actually spent a lovely week away with a keg and no internet/phone reception about 3 weeks ago.. Lovely I tell you.. just damned splendid..

I'm a maybe.

Went away with the family to a pacific island recently. No internet. No phone. It was brilliant.

But the internet is the only thing that gets me though the week a spend at the inlaws' place each summer.

How would I be able to argue about chilling flow rates, yeast hydration and the benefits of WilliamsWarns?

We go camping a fair bit and most of that is off road barely get phone service so internet is out of the question.

Only till I have a problem in the brewery then if I can't get on AHB someone's going to die

I believe the original information source similar to the internet was called "old people". We could just go back to talking to them.

Cheers,
RB

Ps. whose tail are we telling?

You and me stu. On an island, coconut trees, endless bacon, a tribe of hot women and a lake of beer.
No internet.
Yes.

I hate big crowded shopping centres and bank queues, this alone makes the Internet indispensable for me. I love online shopping, ebay and Google, I could give up TV and phones in a heartbeat but would really struggle without the net, love it!

Red Baron said:
I believe the original information source similar to the internet was called "old people". We could just go back to talking to them.

Cheers,
RB

Ps. whose tail are we telling?
What colour was the onion worn on the belt in 1954?

Newsbreak!!!!!!!!!!

The Internet has once again come to my rescue within an hour of my declaring my love for it above. We have a freshwater aquarium problem with extremely randy Malaysian Trumpet Snails going at it like you wouldn't believe. I saw and just bought one of these to save swmbo from having to pick them out one at a time, I've calculated that this should keep me in the good books for a little while at least https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzc7cfRuJJA
Thankyou Internet!.

I also think it's a good time to point out that South Park definitively showed the utter chaos that would ensue if the beloved Internet ever became unplugged. I have to stop typing now just thinking about it is to horrible to contemplate any further. :lol:

manticle said:
What colour was the onion worn on the belt in 1954?
I don't know- the internet has been around for most of the time I've needed information, so I've never needed to talk to an old person.
Guess I could google it for you?

Cheers,
RB

I'm a yes, in the Maslow sense, but based on the assumption that I have more things at my disposal than I need, no. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1412979369.960365.jpg

Stu and the Tickler while the tribe watches.
somebody on that island better have YouTube!

Back