Little Creatures Day Of The Long Shadow Sb

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
git six the other day and cracked one yesterday night, didnt like it at first but as it warmed it became quite delicious, needless to say by the end of my second i loved it, woke up this morning with one left and a sore head all in all a nice beer for a cold winters night.

also finished the night off with a mountain goat rare breed surefoot stout, also quite nice and very easy to drink.

Mic

I was actually a little disappointed. I had a schooner the other night at Archive. Had heard a lot of good feedback on this so was expecting great things. Was OK to drink but thought it was lacking something. I expected more spices I think. All in all not a bad beer, just not as good as I had hoped.

Wow I freaking loved this beer - cinnamon and nutmeg prominent but not dominating, kinda sitting at the forefront of the background... Of a delicious malty warming beer. Hells yeah.

There are about five threads on this beer!....I had to search a bit to find this, maybe one for the first world problems thread....

Just made my way through my first bottle and I really like it.

Great balance with the spice, not dominating at all. Lovely flavours going on here. Man, the alcohol is hidden well in this.
Cheers.

Anyone from Wollongong or willing to make the trip can get this at 'The Little Prince' in Wollongong.

They have it on tap there at the moment. You have to be quick though. They change beers quite often. Usually with another nice craft beer. One of my favourite estabishments.

Anyone bought this in Sydney inner-west? If so, where?

Camperdown Cellars. Last week they still had the mash collectives single batch as well. Didn't really like this LC but im not the biggest fan of spiced beer so I didn't anticipate enjoying it.

I was surprised to find this on the shelf of the local Dan Murphys store. Selling for $7.95. Usually takes a month or so to come through.

I am at the Imperial Hotel in Paddington,
I still have a case of package for over the bar sales, and I have a keg which I have not tapped yet. We will be tapping next thursday evening (the 26th) and shouting the bar untill the keg runs dry!

:super:

.,.btw

We did this with the last small batch, held on to a keg and shouted the bar, and it lasted 45mins.

Any ******* who lives nearby and doesn't get down there for that offer needs their F%$king head read!!!! what an offer

:icon_chickcheers:

Little_Creatures_Shout_21_7_12.jpg

Apparently the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing seems to think this promotion may be in direct violation of their recomended liquor promotion guidelines.

Just went to the fridge and cracked one open, yum!

Huge props to LC for the work on the documentation.

Other than the fact that the beer has 401BUs. I think they meant 40IBUs. I don't know what a BU is but 401 sounds like a lot... ;)
OK, I'm a pedant but surely peer reviewing a 2 page media release isn't that hard...

I wasn't a great fan. I tasted this during the beer analysis section of the course I did and didn't finish it.

Back