Liquid Yeast (wyeast) In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhaaaaa...but I do have the 2000 budvar...I got four of them in just so you would have some to choose from....I know you have special relationships with your yeasties :lol: sorry to scare ya there, blame the missus for it not being in the list..... <_< (Score one for me......)

blame the missus <_< (Score one for me......)

Its great to have an extra pair of hands on deck it gives one the oppurtunity to shift blame :rolleyes:

BTW and it is most likely on your post somewhere, how much is the cider yeast and has anyone out there tried it. The results would have to be noticable...

BYB

Tangent and I have used it. Makes a simple easy cider using just the berri preservative free juice off the shelf.

I have used the P&N brand in the past with good results, but I really want to know if the extra cost for the cider yeast is justifiable? I don't make ship loads of cider because the SWAMBO is the only one that drinks it the most. I will admit though the cider does give her a good kick start though :)

BYB

I have used the P&N brand in the past with good results, but I really want to know if the extra cost for the cider yeast is justifiable? I don't make ship loads of cider because the SWAMBO is the only one that drinks it the most. I will admit though the cider does give her a good kick start though :)

BYB

Tried it using an ale yeast and a champers yeast. Both turned out VERY dry. The cider yeast produced the best result, finished at 1.010 leaving a small amoutn of sweetness in and also made the cider smell like apples. Seems obvious to some but i found the ale and champers yeast stripped the apple aroma. Plus, you can harvest the entire yeast cake as its pretty much pure yeast and save it for 'ron. I have a 5L batch going right now so i can bring a bottle of it unprimed to the swap so you can taste for yourself.

22 litres mate

2 options mate.

1. smack it, wait till it swells up and pitch it straight in.
2. smack it and dump it straight into a 1-2L starter.

Same time frame for both, i would take option 2 if it was me.

Cheers
DrSmurto

I have a 5L batch going right now so i can bring a bottle of it unprimed to the swap so you can taste for yourself.

Cheers
DrSmurto

Will take you up on it. May see you before that ;) Will also check out you recipe. Better get back on topic with this thread before I get an :icon_offtopic: bomb.

BYB

Latest posts

Back