Liquid Yeast (wyeast) In Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamt

Too busy (lazy) to brew.
Reaction score
Praised be thy Beerbelly !

Image022.jpg

Rows and rows and rows! There's like 20 in each row! Just about every strain!

Yay!

Never will I have to order yeast in again! :D

Let's see that again...

Image022.jpg

oooooh.....Propagator packs too.... B)

AdelaideBrewers, get down and visit Wayne, he has it all, great stocks of dried and liquid yeasts and huge stocks of speciality malts and bags and bags of malt . Chek out his stainless wares also,good guy for the home brewers. G, Brewer.

Think ill have to pop in again and drop of my kettle to have him fit it out for me bday presssie to myself

uhhhhhhh....you beat me to it Adam....

OK. Yes, we now have a range of the Wyeast propagator packs in, and will be keeping a decent range in stock, ordered fresh on a monthly basis. They are mostly propagator packs, the cider's are activator packs @ $15.00 ea. Have even got in a couple of interesting ones to keep the 'alternative' brewers happy :D

Here's what arrived today. Everything but the Cider and 'Brett' Cultures are $11.00 each

1007 German Ale
1028 London Ale
1084 Irish Ale
1098 British Ale
1099 Whitbread Ale
1318 London Ale III
1335 British Ale II
1728 Scottish Ale
1968 London ESB Ale
2565 Kolsh

1214 Belgian Ale
1388 Belgian Strong Ale
1762 Belgian Abby Ale II
3068 Weihenstephan Weizen
3278 Belgian Lambic Blend
3333 German Wheat
3463 Forbidden Fruit

2001 Urquell Lager
2035 American Lager
2042 Danish Lager
2112 California Lager
2124 Bohemian Lager
2308 Munich Lager
2633 Octoberfest Lager Blend

5112 Brettanomyces bruxellensis ($28.90 ea)
5526 Brettanomyces lambicus ($28.90 ea)

4766 Cider

Happy to get any others in future orders if requested. Hope this puts some smiles on faces, it did mine.....(and you should have seen the smile on Adam's face...I thought he was going to fall over!)

I am in Adelaide too, is something like a German Wheat hard for someone who hasn't done any experimenting in different 'adlib' brews?

Nice work mate. Will be there tomorrow to stock up.

Good to see you guys now have some good Wyeast supplier, well done. I have been stocking the Wyeast since 2001 and I must say the beer over here has been much better for it.Dry yeast is good to start with but if you really want a great beer go the liquids.Good luck and good brewing.Wyeast rocks.
GB

uhhhhhhh....you beat me to it Adam....

OK. Yes, we now have a range of the Wyeast propagator packs in, and will be keeping a decent range in stock, ordered fresh on a monthly basis. They are mostly propagator packs, the cider's are activator packs @ $15.00 ea. Have even got in a couple of interesting ones to keep the 'alternative' brewers happy :D

Here's what arrived today. Everything but the Cider and 'Brett' Cultures are $11.00 each

1007 German Ale
1028 London Ale
1084 Irish Ale
1098 British Ale
1099 Whitbread Ale
1318 London Ale III
1335 British Ale II
1728 Scottish Ale
1968 London ESB Ale
2565 Kolsh

1214 Belgian Ale
1388 Belgian Strong Ale
1762 Belgian Abby Ale II
3068 Weihenstephan Weizen
3278 Belgian Lambic Blend
3333 German Wheat
3463 Forbidden Fruit

2001 Urquell Lager
2035 American Lager
2042 Danish Lager
2112 California Lager
2124 Bohemian Lager
2308 Munich Lager
2633 Octoberfest Lager Blend

5112 Brettanomyces bruxellensis ($28.90 ea)
5526 Brettanomyces lambicus ($28.90 ea)

4766 Cider

Happy to get any others in future orders if requested. Hope this puts some smiles on faces, it did mine.....(and you should have seen the smile on Adam's face...I thought he was going to fall over!)
Cant find them on your site? Jet lag may be.Good product and well done.
The other Wyeast supplier on this side of the country.
GB

They just came in today GB, he was too busy nursing them and setting them up when I got there, he probably hasn't had time yet :)

I know the feeling. ;)
GB

:lol: hadn't had a chance as yet mate, seems these days that it doesn't matter what it is that I'm doing, I should be doing something else......now I have my wife working with me I'm completely screwed.....:D

Very pleased to have the little yeasties in the fridge though. About time.

now I have my wife working with me I'm completely screwed.....:D

Does the wife have access to the AHB forum :unsure: Love the propagator packs. A great money saver for those who build up starters. IMHO the only way to go :super:

BYB

Does the wife have access to the AHB forum :unsure: Love the propagator packs. A great money saver for those who build up starters. IMHO the only way to go :super:

BYB

ahhhh...yeah.....she does.. Oh well, she probably feels the same way.

The reason I went with the propagator packs is economy, most of the people I have spoken to about them intend to make a starter to split up. In my opinion the difference in price between propagator and activator isn't really worth it if you're already going to be making a starter. I'm happy to get activator packs in for people who really want them, but will stock the propagators as standard.

The reason I went with the propagator packs is economy, most of the people I have spoken to about them intend to make a starter to split up. In my opinion the difference in price between propagator and activator isn't really worth it if you're already going to be making a starter.

Absolutely!

At the risk of getting flamed by Duff again I will ask this question on this thread.
I am getting back into liquid yeasts again and plan on using a 2124 Bav Lager with a March date stamp on the front. I am just going to pitck it straight into a CAP at about 1.055 OG and was wondering how long it will take to swell up for pitching?

STEVE

I smacked 2 packs that were dated feb 08 last week and they took 2 days to swell up. Just leave them someone warm (+20C) and wait. What volume of 1.055 wort are you dumping this into?

Wayne - *******! Altho since you ignored my request for 2000 budvar i wont be buying any....

Until next week :D

Anyone know where the Beerbelly Anonymous group meets? :lol:

Latest posts

Back