Lilos First Ag

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilo

Reaction score
Well after much buggarisin around / researchin / advice seeking / Lurkin on this Form.....
Late nights sweating over a hot angle grinder..... Burns / Cuts.... and the occassional "Whats does Bugga mean dad" from the kids...
I finally Lit the burner and ran off my First AGBrew today.

Thanks heaps to Jay for motivation, assistance and moral support on the day, Screwy and BULP for much needed advice.

Image00002.jpg
A nervous Dad with his newborn doohickey.. Thingy..

Image00009.jpg
Mission Control.

Image00015.jpg
Gonna have to put a Rig stand high on the prioritry list... Beer first then Stand...
Image00003.jpg
Yep very messy ... Works though.. Need that stand.. mmm Beeerrrrr

Image00005.jpg
HLT
Image00014.jpg
More HLT

Image00018.jpg
GO... Wooohooo
Image00025.jpg
Damn that smells good. (Boy have I been waiting to do this.)

Image00026.jpg

I am sure it went there!!!!. Ahh plug it in anyways....
Image00027.jpg
!!!!!LIQUID GOLD!!!!!
Image00031.jpg
Never thought Hops could smell so good..
Image00032.jpg
Is it ready yet, I'm thirsty..

Nice one Lilo, and it was an absolute pleasure to be your wing man for your first AG, and I think things went pretty good all in all. No one got hurt (badly) and all the children were accounted for at the end of the day, and what about the numbers.!!!!!!!!!

Well done mate and welcome aboard the All-Grain express, the only bad side (and even its pretty good) is that there's no gettin off once your on.

Wish I got that boil over on film, bloody ripper. Well at least the kids know how a volcano works now. :D
Jay

Lilo me boy Well done good to see it went well even if you got shitty efficiency <_< In the nineties WTF ? love ur work
and good to hear you got that fermenter tap issue sorted out :lol: .

No going back now mate theres a bottle of Hefe on its way to celebrate, and the brewery looks top notch, love the control box.
Congrats and cheers. :party:

Congrats on your first AG. You really made it a lot harder than it needed to be for your first with the special equipment, but your time invested up-front will pay off in time savings later on.

As for me, I'll stick with the more manual process due to lack of funds because of the poor economic times. Maybe someday. :rolleyes:

Geeesuss, you even look the bit Lyle. Last week I couldn't even spell engineer Brewer.............This week I are one !

Nice looking kit indeed. You certainly put in the pre time, I know another couple of brewers who took this approach, pays off in trumps eh guys. A week or two and you'll be coming home and sitting down with the family, the glass of your beer in your hand is going to be better than most you can buy at $7.00 per glass. As we all know ..... that will give you a very special feeling and a great sense of achievement.

Congrats mate :super:

Screwy

Lilo: I have felt your pain may the force be with you.

Looks awesome - well done. No turning back now!

Cheers - Mike

Well done Lilo, you have embraced the dark side, enjoy the power......... BTW I have a burning case of CBE.......... that's control box envy... good job mate.

cheers

Browndog

PS. what did you brew ?

Latest posts

Back