Light Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zipster

Reaction score
Hi there,

I would like to know if brewing a can without adding fermenting sugars makes a light beer. If so what percentage of alcohol would it make roughly out of a stndard 1.7kg can.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I would like to know if brewing a can without adding fermenting sugars makes a light beer. If so what percentage of alcohol would it make roughly out of a stndard 1.7kg can.

Thanks in advance.

Yep you can do this and it will produce a light beer. ABV in the ball park of 2.5% in 23lt batch.

light_beer_reciept.jpg

Sorry, i couldn't resist. The internet made me do it..... :blink:

I would actually like to be able to brew a light beer with decent flavour and body, perfect for those long summer sessions where i still need to function the next day...

Best kit I've use for a light style beer was the Coopers English bitter, will be fine with the ingredients the can suggests. Although it wont be as low as 2.5%. Bout 3.5% from memory, but you could drink it all night and still get up in the morning and be sweet

Exactly what I did.. coopers English bitter can then added 50g of cascade hops, the flavour is very satisfying. Thanks for your responses.

Back