Leaking Fermenter Spigot - Help Required!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tighten it some more, doesn't matter if the sediment reducer is up or down, then turn it back to bottle or keg. You should be able to get another 1/2 turn out of it.

+1

I bet that's the problem, the tap does not always point straight down.

Batz

+1

I bet that's the problem, the tap does not always point straight down.

Batz
Moved my fermenter last night ready for Bulk Priming and bottling. Caught it on a corner and the tap ripped out! Beautiful brown ale gushing out everywhere! managed to block it with my finger. One hand holding the flood back, one holding the fermenter up and scrabbling with my toes to reach the tap!

Finally got it back in with only 3 litres wasted. Doh. Hope my finger was clean! Really
must tighten up my post-ferment process.

Good luck with your brew, reckon your odds are better than mine re: infection.

...reckon your odds are better than mine re: infection.

If liquid is getting out - very slim chance of something nasty getting back in (unless through the airlock).

A leaking tap should not mean infection imo - unless something drastically goes wrong.

A spray of metho will aid cleaning of any surface prior to putting the tap back in.

The taps on my fermenters tend to drip. Never seen it happen but I do notice that there will be the occasional mark on the spot under the tap. Never had an infection. So not really worried about it.

Back