Lcpa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fodder

Reaction score
Being a long time customer and admirer of all things Creatures I can comfortably say that the Pale Ale it is one of my favourite beers of all time and I have spent many a brew trying to emulate its character...

Whilst I recently had the pleasure to drink a few at the Balmoral on Friday night, I noticed that the Pale Ale served did not live up to its usual hoppy standards. Whilst it still had the fruity notes up front, they seemed somewhat lacking, and it certainly didn't have that great aftertaste that comes with the decent hop additions that I'm sure have come to make this beer one of the favourites of many.

I wondered if it was just the current kegs they had at the Balmoral and perhaps they where not treated with as much care as usual during transport or what...However, upon attending Creatures itself in Freo on Saturday I have to say that I felt the Pale Ale was still not up to its usual hoppy burst even from the place of production.

So, I was wondering, has there been a change in the hop schedule when brewing up the Pale Ales? It would seem almost on par with the Bright Ale for hoppiness and aroma/flavour...which whilst still a nice drop, lacks the usual punch that I have come to love.

I understand East Kent Golding & Cascade are the usuals, and that Chinook made appearances in the past but has since been dropped.

Am I just imagining this alteration, or have my tastebuds started to come immune to the usual hop hit... (Ferals Hop Hog may have something to answer for on this front...)

Anyone have any insights or heard anything on the grape vine about the latest batch out the brewery...?

Dam...

Sorry...Didnt do the search first...

Rookie error :unsure:

There's quite a few threads on LCPA (recipe clones mainly) - so not that easy to find - I just remembered the discussion a few months ago. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back