Lc Bottle Recall

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for a carton of these on the weekend to use the bottles, cheers for the warning

Cheers for the heads up. I have a couple of the Dreadnoughts filled with homebrew. They are in the fridge now for tomorrow night :)

Dammit - I just bought a couple of Dreadnoughts for tasting this afternoon...guess they're going to get tasted a lot sooner now :D

Shame about the bottles though, gotta love the pint.

Cheers for the heads up.

Poo.
My order from Slow Beer arrived today and I was going to keep the 4 x LC pint bottles. As long as the beer is tasty it's not a total loss I suppose.

Check the best before dates. You may still be ok to use as it appears to be only the following dated brew affected......

"best before" dates of July 7-August 5, 2012, April 7, 2012 and May 4, 2012 respectively.

"The recall of the above products is a precautionary measure due to the potential for glass contamination from a batch of weakened glass bottles,"

I take this as there could possibly be glass shards inside the bottle.

Check the best before dates. You may still be ok to use as it appears to be only the following dated brew affected......

"best before" dates of July 7-August 5, 2012, April 7, 2012 and May 4, 2012 respectively.

Done that already. Dreadnought is May 4 and PA is August 5.
Might pour them through a sieve in case Pennywise is on the money re. glass shards.

Done that already. Dreadnought is May 4 and PA is August 5.
Might pour them through a sieve in case Pennywise is on the money re. glass shards.

This is the full press release. I guess you have been warned and its a drink at your own risk thingy now

Little Creatures said:
Dear Hophead,

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you that Little Creatures has as of yesterday, instigated a voluntary consumer level recall of the following 568ml PINT products;

Pale Ale 568ml PINTS - all Best Before dates between 7 Jul 12 and 5 Aug 12
Bright Ale 568ml PINTS - Best Before 7 Apr 12
The Dreadnought Single Batch 568ml PINTS - Best Before 4 May 12

The affected products have been available for sale in liquor stores Australia wide and Little Creatures is now notifying our customers and the relevant authorities in accordance with our established product recall plan.

The recall of the above products is a precautionary measure due to the potential for glass contamination from a batch of weakened glass bottles that we have identified from our supplier. This recall applies only to the above 568ml pint size products with the nominated best before dates. The best before date can be found on the top left of the label. We would like to assure you that no other Little Creatures products are affected by this recall and you can continue to have confidence in the quality of our products.

Should you have any of the above products on hand, we would advise you not to consume it and return the product to your place of purchase as soon as possible. A full refund shall be provided on the return of the recalled products. Little Creatures is greatly concerned to minimize any risk to its customers and as such this recall is being undertaken to ensure the safety of our customers as part of our ongoing commitment to maintain the highest possible standards of safety and product quality at all times.

All of the team at Little Creatures thanks you for your understanding on this matter and we look forward to continuing to reward your tastebuds well in to the future.

Regards,

Ross Sudano
Chief Executive Officer

Awesome. I'm pretty sure I filled two empty Dreadnaught bottles with an APA last weekend. :rolleyes: Obviously de-labelled now, so no chance of checking use by dates. My guts are thankfully still intact atm, but I'll have to laugh if it's weakened glass and I get my first ever bottle bomb through absolutely no fault of my own!

Something tells me they won't be refunding the cost of freight back to Melbourne, nor the initial freight for delivery.
I will email Slow Beer anyway, but I can't see it happening.

I've still got 2 bottles of Dreadnaught in the fridge at home, hope they're not these use by dates. Please, please, please...

They would have to be, wouldn't they? (Assuming that a single batch is bottled all together...)

I've still got 2 bottles of Dreadnaught in the fridge at home, hope they're not these use by dates. Please, please, please...

I am in the exact same boat, I fear that it being a single batch they all would all have the same use by date.

Just poured my 'Best Before 04 May 12' bottle of Dreadnought through a sieve into a pint glass. No visible glass shards remained in the sieve, that said it's probably only a 0.5 - 1mm weave so it's not going to catch anything tiny.

If I don't report back in the next couple of days, probably safe this recall has merit! :p

Tis a damn nice beer, although I can't help but think it's lacking slightly in the aroma department.

I have a bad feeling I'm gonna be throwing a lot of bottles in the bin this weekend. :(

Just poured my 'Best Before 04 May 12' bottle of Dreadnought through a sieve into a pint glass. No visible glass shards remained in the sieve, that said it's probably only a 0.5 - 1mm weave so it's not going to catch anything tiny.

If I don't report back in the next couple of days, probably safe this recall has merit! :p

Tis a damn nice beer, although I can't help but think it's lacking slightly in the aroma department.

I bought one of these bad boys http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Coffee-Tea-Make...=item3f0de2f824 for filtering hop teas through, so if Slowbeer can't help out, I will take the chance.

:( last two go back to the shop. I guess at least I'll get a couple of pales in place

:( last two go back to the shop. I guess at least I'll get a couple of pales in place
Sucks.
I decided to just pour mine through my filter sock thingy. No shards to be seen (or felt) so far :drinks:

Latest posts

Back