Late 2014 meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Works for me, I'll bring your smoker and drop it off on way there, or the way back. It's looking a bit the worse for wear, too much moisture here, if you bring some paint I could give you a hand recoating it.

Thanks, if you want I'm happy for you to just drop in and we can unload it into the front yard and then convoy up to Shaunous's :)
A mate wants it so I was just going to sell it to him and he can clean/recoat it

So Whadda ya's trying to say, I need to clean my shed and tell the misus with our 5week old baby that a herd of drunk fucks are comin down next weekend???

:)

Wish me luck ;)
one bonus, the little fella sleeps better with loud music.

P.s. It's hot as all **** here!

Cool! I'll do a double batch of something, have to think of a recipe. If anyone needs a lift let me know, I'll be driving from Bello through Coffs and back.

I have buggerall homebrew left to drink and definitely won't have time to brew. Baby is taking up all my time.

Also I'm told we can't drink and blare music untill 3am :)

Still happy to hold it at my joint, but if anyone else is willing it may be easier with me having a breastfeeding 5week old.

I'll only be hanging around until the mid afternoon, Mrs has decided her and her mum are going on a shopping trip in Grafton that day since we're up there
I'm happy to move it somewhere else if it'll be easier, just let me know :)
I can hit up Country Brewer or Mothers Milk to see if they're happy to squeeze us in for a brew day
Let me know by the end of the day and I'll see what I can do
If anyone else has any ideas, let me know

Looks like little Shaunous isn't well, so I think it's best we move the location so we're not being a pain
If no one else up north has any suggestions for venues, I'll get onto Country Brewer asap and see if they're happy to have us
It does look like there will be rain this weekend, so any venues will have to have covered space for brewing

The other options are to either just meet up for a drink, or delay the meeting until next month
Let me know what you guys reckon and I'll try to get things organised

Sorry for the change of plans so late in the day guys, but these things happen :)

Country Brewer are happy to have us, so I think starting around 12 should be a good time (or possibly earlier?)
If you guys are still happy to brew or even just rock up and bring a few bevvies for a relaxed afternoon let me know
Otherwise I can cancel/postpone if anyone wants to do it at another date

Cheers lads and sorry about the late venue cancellation. Little fulla ain't 100% and isn't sleeping.

I'll have a better set up shindig early next year for us brewers so y'all can stay the night and not have to worry.

shaunous said:
I have buggerall homebrew left to drink and definitely won't have time to brew. Baby is taking up all my time.
If you bring or send a cube with someone else, i could up the volume to a triple batch and fill it for you. Just going to be doing something easy and quaffable for summer.

The K hop brew turned out pretty good but somehow the other half of the batch that I no-chilled got infected with the hot hot heat and I had to chuck it out 2 weeks ago. Split the plastic drum also.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418004219.371566.jpg
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418004264.921098.jpg

I was going to get my big kettle ready to do a double or triple batch, but I've been too busy and got sidetracked
Might try and squeeze a double batch mild out of my keggle
will have to pick up some defoamer (will probably use baby wind medication) to avoid boilovers

sp0rk said:
will have to pick up some defoamer (will probably use baby wind medication) to avoid boilovers

WTF????

Am I non informed of some secret non boil over remedy.

Yep, Fermcap S or Fivestar Kettle Defoamer
Or some people on homebrewtalk say you can use baby wind drops, they all have the same active ingredient (sosome sort of surfactant)
Apparently it drops out with the trub and doesn't affect head retention

Some how I have missed this conversation ( thanks for the pm spork)

I may have to work a few hours Saturday but will try to drop down to Toormina and say hello atlest, cheers guys
Shane

anyone want a bench capper?
I've got 2 spare and don't use them, I'll gladly give them away on saturday

Latest posts

Back