Lady Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really hate to see her slip on that stool and pull the pot off the stove.

Ha ha Toper, she's already got a magnetic dartboard on the fridge. Had to get it to stop her asking to use my darts.

Goomboogo, thanks for your concern, this is the mash at about 67 degrees, so no boil splatters, strike water heated with element, so cooker top is still cool, the mash alone excluding the pot is actually about 20% heavier than her & very steady, the stool has a rubberized grip surface, & she only got to hold the mash paddle for the photo, not actually attempting to stir the mash. No I dont endorse child labour / slave labour (unless it's free). I appreciate what you're saying though.

Perhaps I should have added, "performed by a professional brewster; dont try this at home, kids" :)

There's a bunch of female AHB members I believe, wonderwoman, braufrau, sandy. Was good to see a few at ANHC 2010, but yeah would be good to get more input from the ladies. The thing I'm finding socially is a resurgence in interest in cider for consumption from girls, some of them simply don't like beer. But if we could get a few starting out on ciders, maybe we could convert them to the dark side :ph34r:

In commercials Sam Fuss from Blackrock is a standout in Melbourne, and in the US you have a gal brewing at New Belgium Brewery (see cover of recent BYO mag), The UK there's a well known brewery in the Orkney Isles with a gal knocking out decent brews there too. Name escapes me but she's a 'canny blonde hair lassie' as they er, say it in that part of the world.

Hopper.

Stop it, Hopper your making me blush :rolleyes:

The article in the age was for the "Victorian Women of beer" show that was on last Friday night. It was a bloody fantastic night filled with Beer, laughter and song!
If anyone had the chance to make it I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the night was for you?

On another note.... yes I have been neglecting my post on AHB and I must be punished!! :( it just been a bloody busy time of the year!! why don't we gather a bunch of AHB'ers and catch up over a few beers?? :party:

I'm not surprised by this article at all. My little sis and her (sexy 18yo) friends know far more about beer than what i did at that age. ......
Please post photos of sister and friends.... with or without beer....

that is good to see

here is my little helper
web.jpg

web.jpg

Back