Labels Costing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderchild

Reaction score
Hello,

I have read the threads on labels and am seeking some advice.

I only really have access to publisher etc which is fine. My question is how much should labels be costing me? I priced a packet of labels at $60 the other day. Is this right?

Are there any more cost effective options?

TC

I was printing on plain paper then using a glue stick to stick them on, they come off really easy when washing the bottles. You can can et better quality paper and they look pretty good. I've given up on fancy labels pretty much, I just use avery labels and put the basic details on them.

Nat

I was printing on plain paper then using a glue stick to stick them on, they come off really easy when washing the bottles. You can can et better quality paper and they look pretty good. I've given up on fancy labels pretty much, I just use avery labels and put the basic details on them.

Nat

+1 for this method... makes removal a breeze...

Hello,

I have read the threads on labels and am seeking some advice.

I only really have access to publisher etc which is fine. My question is how much should labels be costing me? I priced a packet of labels at $60 the other day. Is this right?

Are there any more cost effective options?

TC

i haven't looked too extensively but I this is what i do:
http://www.hbs.com.au/Labels.htm

I buy the APLI-1228 which is white, waterproof A4 sheets for laser (i am fortunate to able to abuse the colour laser at work, they have inkjet labels as well but more $$). 20 in the pack for $33. It is one big a4 sticker so you have to cut out your labels, waterproof is important as bottles will get moisture on them.

Forgetting about postage, this makes it $1.65 per sheet and if you can fit 6 labels onto A4 then it is around 28c per label. For me I fit on 6 main labels and 6 neck labels onto each sheet.

Edit: i find these labels extremely easy to remove when cleaning and leave almost no trace

+1 for this method... makes removal a breeze...

Do you find the colours run on the labels if there is moisture on them?

Do you guys simply print them off at home, cut them out and then stick them on?

I use 120g high res inkjet paper, I print with an Epson r210 with epson ink, when I use this I don't have any problems with running. However when I print just black onto the avery labels the run with just a bit of moisture.

Nat

laser printing doesnt run , my inkjet will run with moisture .. i normally run a black and white label which is easily printed at work or somewhere there is a laser printer....

milk or a little bit of PVA glue watered right down and brushed on is also very easy to remove and clean

Avery is a good choice, I have used the 7 x 3 grids, but they are not cheap.

Recently I had donated to me 1000's of adhesive labels that were designed for the old 3.5inch floppy disks (remember those babies, a whole 1.44mb storage!!). They work fine in the laser printer, or easier enough to just get the wife to write the details in while doing the ironing or washing... ;)

I only find that the colours run if the bottle has sat out of the fridge (ie gone to a party), not gotten drunk and then goes back in. The condensation tends to be an issue.

However, if I only store the bottles in the fridge, they hold up really well and the labels often come off in the process of rinsing them out with hot water.

Brendo

Back