Labelling Of Booze

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i kepp my beeers ina good size caedboard box that hols 25 stubbies/longneck and a write one label on each box so i nkow what it is i only write a texta abrev i have a few differennt sorts it take s ages to write on the capsif

Batz said:
Kook
That's what I was on about , label 3-4 bottles of a brew , nice fancy labels

Must some software avaliable some place
Harvey Norman have label software products available for $9-20 bucks, can't testify as to quallity. But if you are only looking to label three or four bottles, they may do the trick. And i'm pretty sure they do have beer and wine label templates.
Later versions of Publisher and the like have pretty fancy bells & whistles, but why pay out that much for something you won't use otherwise?

I'm beginning to sense labelling is seen as somehow naff or pretentious. I just think it makes my life easier. And it ain't that time consuming. Once you've designed the first label changes take a couple of minutes on the PC, and believe me, it takes no longer to stick on a paper label than to write on a crown seal.

BTW must have doctor genes in me somewhere. Tried the writing on crowns first, couldn't read my own scribbles half the time - and buckley's chance of anyone else making sense of the code.

Batz - I'll be bringing some labelled produce to various legs of the tour.
Just don't judge the beer by the label - some of my beer's a lot worse than that :lol:

Well ill chuck in my 2 bobs worth

What i do is write a number or abreviation on the crown seal ie LCP (little creatures pale) and then on one bottle i use a label with all the brews info which i keep in a cupboard then when i need to identify i read the number off the top and compare to my labled bottle in the cupboard.

The labels i use are like postage stamp paper you lick the back and its sticky then when u wash the bottles the glue dissolves in 5 secs and falls off (especially if u put them in the dishwasher)

VNTHB

johnno said:
i just find this a wate of time and unless i was going to sell stuff i would never bother with labelling.
Johnno,

what if you find a mystery bottle in 12 months' time and it is amazing, beautiful, nectar from the gods and you can't be sure which one it is?

You gotta have some labelling system just like you must keep records of recipes.

deebee,
I just use a rotating system by the crate at the moment. I dont have that may bottles so its not really a problem. If i get heaps more bottles I may do something else.
I'm looking to get into kegging though.

cheers

Good Day
I just use a marking pen to write a code, which includes the date, on the cap. For example I bottled an American wheat beer on the weekend and the code is W273. I then put this code on the beer's record sheet. Can look up ant bottle over months or even years (if it has been really lost).

I do as KenEasy does.
Brew number on the cap in texta, and a sheet on the fridge with the brew numbers and the beer details.

If I was to go down the path of labels, I'd invest in the Dymo Labelwriter.

Beers,
Doc

i do similar,
texta number on the cap,
number related to my brew book with all the spec on the brew

cheers
crackers

Thanks to Wee Stu i now have some Beer Labels.

Here is a pic of the Barossa BrewHaus Label.

BrewHaus_Label.jpg

Here is label above the Tap.

I laminated the label and stuck it to a Magnetic P Plate and using an OHP Permamnent Marker - i can Label the beer in the tap and use metho to clean it and rename the label with the next beer.

Tap_Label.jpg

Even made some into keg labels - again laminated and marked with an OHP pen and using panduit straps.

This way i can label the beer in the keg as it cold conditions and then rename when the keg is emprty.

Thought i would share the labels and concept with you guys.

Happy brewery labelling.

Keg_Label.jpg

Good idea there Ken. I was just thinking yesterday of the best way to label with kegs. Since we have a laminator and cable ties at work - I'll have to make some labels up and cable tie them to the keg.

Hoops

Latest posts

Back