La Sirene Praline recipe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesco

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried brewing a clone of La Sirene's praline or has any guidance for a rough recipe base? Its a very tasty drop and would be great if I could brew something similair.
Description is below.
A very special Belgian chocolate ale. Building on a Belgian stout base, it is brewed with organic vanilla pods, cacao nibs from Mexico and hazelnuts.

haven't tried to brew but it had a fair bit of residual sweetness to memory. I had a chat to them at a la sirene GBW event and don't think it's done with there saison yeast.

So depending on the yeast chosen and estimated attenuation. I'd consider a bit of lactose to back sweeten.

This is a delicious brew. Don't know that I'd want litres if the stuff though, it's so rich. I reckon loads of choc malt and crystal. Light on the roasted malts too I'd say.

Yeah I was just going to do a small batch of it, I've done 2 brews now but they have just been basic stouts to work out cocao nibs/vanilla contributions. I don't really know what a belgian stout base is so while these have been tasty beers, the malt profile isn't the same and theres a lack of hazlenut as well.

Hey Jamesco have youtried contacting the brewer? They can be surprisingly generous with giving away their recipes. Let us know if you find anything as I'd be interested.

My girlfriend REALLY would like a clone of this.. and me too

i recently had a bottle of the imperial praline, definitely should have been a share bottle that one. Shoot them an email, they usually provide some basic info to get you headed in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back