Knights and Dames.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but my first reaction on hearing about this is how funny would be to see Bill Shortbum's apoplexy and reaction to his mother-in-law being the first modern dame.

At least it gives the rabid left wingers and greens a major distraction from helping to run the country and taking a stick to the goverment on real issues of much more importance.

At the end of the day, who gives a toss about 4 or so sirs or dames annually? I'm never likely to be "honoured" in this fashion, so it's a non- issue for me.

You'd make a lovely dame though.

We should nominate you.

As you said Warra it's just a title, noone on the 'left'
warra48 said:
At the end of the day, who gives a toss about 4 or so sirs or dames annually? I'm never likely to be "honoured" in this fashion, so it's a non- issue for me.
. I don't really care either, but it is a bit odd. And regressive. I honestly thought the first few news articles I saw yesterday were satire.

If only we still had politicians like this bloke.

The only way I'll ever be calling someone Sir is if they have a whistle in their hand and are penalising me for going off my feet at the breakdown. (Victorians will have no idea what I'm talking about)

Last edited by a moderator:
next he will be looking at forging rings...

Next on his list of priorities will be to change to Imperial measurement

What an out of touch farken cocksucker

My Knighthood will be devalued now they've started giving them out again.

doest he not knoweth that we art in the twenty and first century? i don't und'rstandeth wh'ref're we needeth to goeth backeth to a timeth past'th.

O, KingTony, why dost thee wisheth to maketh the knights and dames cometh backeth?

Black Devil Dog said:
doest he not knoweth that we art in the twenty and first century? i don't und'rstandeth wh'ref're we needeth to goeth backeth to a timeth past'th.
Did anyone else immediately read that in the intended voice. Now the family think i am weird because i am talking to them in this language. They will be eating their words when Tony gives me my knighthood.

He must be as excited about the game of thrones fourth season as I am.

Black Devil Dog said:

Tony, why dost thee wisheth to maketh the knights and dames cometh backeth?
In that case, it may not be all bad. Perhaps they'll start metering out some medieval style justice to go with the Shakespearean old timey speak.

Scoundrel!!
Revokith his bagith of gold coin, then off withith his privy member!!

art-craig-thomson-420x0.jpg

Had to laugh today when on the radio Shorten was asked about correctly addressing his mother inlaw ( Dame Quentin Bryce ),
Wow was he getting shitty about the piss taking.
Shorten was very short with the media....ohh poor Bill..

browndog said:
next he will be looking at forging rings...
Hard to do... no convenient Mt Doom style volcanoes in Aus. Not for the last few million years anyway. He would have to go elsewhere...

Back