Kneebones coffin keezer build

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its about time i posted an update! I've been a bit distracted by a functional keezer and have neglected this build thread :p
Se next up was grouting.
This was my least favourite part of the project... I made it hard for myself and didnt scrub the tiles fast enough which left me scrubbing the tiles with very fine steel wool.
I ended up getting it quite neat after all.
image.jpg

I installed the push button switch for my LED lights next to the STC
image.jpg
I was ready to plumb it all up by now so i got all the lines and co2 gear

image.jpg
(Sorry about the rotated pic, updating on a ph is dodgy)
So i got a converted extinguisher and a keg king reg. this fits perfectly on the hump.

I started plumbing it all up.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I sorted out the 12v electrical going to the led and fan by using a 4 pin plug, so i could disconnect it from the lid when i want to disassemble it for moving.
image.jpg
Next up was finishing the top, i needed to caulk the edges of the tiling

image.jpg
image.jpg
I used painters tape to tape up a neat line and it endud up coming out great! I used a grey caulk to match the grout.
At this point i was ready to load the keezer up with kegs.

image.jpg
It fits x2 19l cornies, a 11l cornie and the co2 bottle perfectly!

And here is my first pour!
image.jpg
I still need to stain the other 2 tap handles and varnish them all.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I've poured at least 120l of beer since i finished the build... Its a bit alarming how quickly one can finish a 19l keg :p

There are a few small things left to do, i need to sort out a dehumidifier, finish the handles and finish the coffin insulation.
The unit runs absolutely amazing! It impresses everyone who comes over and pours perfect pints all night.

Cheers
- kneebone

That sure is a thing of beauty Kneebone. I see one of these in my future at some point- thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers,
RB

Whoa ! Now that is shmick.
Top job.

Awesome! Certainly has been great watching this thing of beauty unfold from start to finish

Wow that's awesome mate lots of inspiration for myn I just started to build my coffin keezer

Yeah that is farking sweet.... so jealous of people with this kind of skill and patience to finish it just so.

Red Baron said:
That sure is a thing of beauty Kneebone. I see one of these in my future at some point- thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers,
RB
Almost the exact thought going through my mind looking at the finished build..."it's a thing of frikken beauty!"
Terrific work kneebone.

I have a Tuckerbox Keezer Half built with 3Ply stuck to the outside..FREE to anyone who wants to finish it off.
BUT...... I am in Nowra NSW.Dont brew anymore.
PJ

Latest posts

Back