Quantcast

KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

mynameisrodney

Reaction score
Cool, do you know diameter? I'd be interested to know if I can fit 2 in my fermentation fridge.

Also do you know when they will be available?

mynameisrodney

Reaction score
I see that these Chubbys are now released, but they don't have a handle. Is this something you need to buy separately?

CEO Keg King

Reaction score
I see that these Chubbys are now released, but they don't have a handle. Is this something you need to buy separately?
The handle will be available separately initially but we might change that down the track if most people would like to have it.

GrumpyPaul

Staff member
Moderating
Pro
Reaction score
Just had a look at the Chubby video (here) it does look like a handle on the Chubby would be handy (pardon the pun).

Without a handle it looks like moving it around full would require a big old bear hug to lift it. Not impossible, or even hard, just going to be easier with a handle I reckon.

(mind you I have been known to hug my fermenters on occasions)

CEO Keg King

Reaction score
Just had a look at the Chubby video (here) it does look like a handle on the Chubby would be handy (pardon the pun).

Without a handle it looks like moving it around full would require a big old bear hug to lift it. Not impossible, or even hard, just going to be easier with a handle I reckon.

(mind you I have been known to hug my fermenters on occasions)
Well it is a bit of weight so we are definitely looking at offering the handle as part of the kit down the track a bit.

CEO Keg King

Reaction score
Good idea - the handle on the bigger 60l units is really....... handy:cool:
Good to know. When it was first being designed I was a bit sceptical but having used it myself I concur. It also shows how incredibly strong our PET is and all our future designs will have the molded handles made in this way. We do pride ourselves in having the toughest PET pressure vessels in the world.