Kettles / pots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve0408

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I'm slowly getting all the components together for an all grain brew, so far I have the gas burner and the an insulated mash tun. I would like next to purchase a kettle for heating the sparg water and also one to boil the wort in.

I will be using a 23L fermenter so I figure a 30L pot to reduce the wort in would be about right so where do you guys buy such large pots? I would prefer one with a tap fitted but if this is not possible then can fit one but would appreciate any feed back on what type of Taps you commonly use?

Any advice would be great

You probably want a 40 litre pot for that size boil. That way you allow for extra volume to evaporate and for some foam when your boiling.
I bought my 40 litre aluminium pot from ray's outdoors, it's the crab cooker pot and has an insert for brew in a bag, or maybe cooking crabs.

Thanks for the advice Pokey that's very helpful I will be sure to take a look in Rays did you fit a tap to yours to rack it?

I just bought some aluminium tube and silicon hose and siphon out.

Ah great solution. I was also thinking that I could get just a 20L pot for the sparg water would this be fesiable

I do BIAB so only use 2 litres to rinse my bag. A Big W 20 litre pot would be a good choice if you need 1 that small, they are around $20-30, I can't remember exactly.
Another alternative is an electric urn, a 40 litre urn can even be used for the boil.

Pokey said:
I do BIAB so only use 2 litres to rinse my bag. A Big W 20 litre pot would be a good choice if you need 1 that small, they are around $20-30, I can't remember exactly.
Another alternative is an electric urn, a 40 litre urn can even be used for the boil.
$19 at bigw

Back