Kellybrook Winery (vic) Cider Festival - This Weekend 1-2/5

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we are talking cider etc, legged my cyser last night. Lacking a little something. Added more honey and a little lactose. That champaigne yeast is funky looking. It clumps together like little bits of bread. The finish of the cyser is very definite dry sparkling tjough. So it should come good by the weekend

Since we are talking cider etc, legged my cyser last night. Lacking a little something. Added more honey and a little lactose. That champaigne yeast is funky looking. It clumps together like little bits of bread. The finish of the cyser is very definite dry sparkling tjough. So it should come good by the weekend

tempted todo an aldi cyder for the case swap to bring along! ;)

Was a lovely day for a cider festival, I agree the Somerset was the pick of the day. Perhaps a little oaky but the texture was great and it mixed back with the bulk juice very well for those of us who were driving.

The bulk juice and scrumpy though.... disappointing comes to mind. Scrumpy was all alcohol character and the juice was oxidised to heck :(

just went to pitch a pack of s04 at my kellybrook juice and low and behold its off and fermenting by itself. must be some nice wonga park yeast floating round out there. somerset cider clone here we come :icon_drool2:

Its on again this weekend kids. 30/04 and 01/05

Cubes all washed and clean and i can taste the pork rolls already!

Going up Saturday this year let us know if any of you head up.

I hope someone in Stanthorpe QLD who grows apples gets this idea!

I hope to go on Sunday if SWMBO agrees

I went on Sunday. It was OK, but $8 an adult entry was a shame considering that there was nothing really for it.

Juice was nice ($12/4L bottle), scrumpy still going strong ($20/4L) and I hope to get some sediment out of it for the yeasties. Both good but expensive I feel.

Good to go to with the mates- grab a bottle of scrumpy and some chips and you are set for the day. Beautiful area.

Would I do it again?? Nope. 50 min drive, $8/adult entry(should have just driven 50m down the road and gone through the back gate like many others!), and pretty mediocre entertainment.

A nice day overall though.

R

Latest posts

Back