Kellybrook Winery (vic) Cider Festival - This Weekend 1-2/5

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Tap-whore
Reaction score
Hey guys,

thought it was worth posting up about this - I haven't been before but have heard good feedback about previous years.

Kellybrook Winery are holding their annual Cider Festival once again this weekend - May 1 & 2.

All the details can be found at Cider Festival.

Food, cider and entertainment - and you can purchase cider or even fresh pressed apple juice to make your own.

I will be heading down at some stage - have a few samples and probably also take some juice home.

No affliliation... yadda yadda... just an interested bystander.

Brendo

Hey guys,

thought it was worth posting up about this - I haven't been before but have heard good feedback about previous years.

Kellybrook Winery are holding their annual Cider Festival once again this weekend - May 1 & 2.

All the details can be found at Cider Festival.

Food, cider and entertainment - and you can purchase cider or even fresh pressed apple juice to make your own.

I will be heading down at some stage - have a few samples and probably also take some juice home.

No affliliation... yadda yadda... just an interested bystander.

Brendo
I know Fents was pretty complimentary about their juices and thats was where he got his to make cider from. Ive also been meaning to visit but im fairly sure i wont make it this weekend

brewing sat so we will head up with a crew early'ish sunday morning. they are charging a small entry fee this year FYI...think its about $8.

so good if its sunny just sitting on the lawn listening to the tunes and watching dancers etc and smashing ciders. there is apple everything (pork and app sacuse rolls ftw) from kids to adults.

brendo let me know what day your heading up.

brewing sat so we will head up with a crew early'ish sunday morning. they are charging a small entry fee this year FYI...think its about $8.

so good if its sunny just sitting on the lawn listening to the tunes and watching dancers etc and smashing ciders. there is apple everything (pork and app sacuse rolls ftw) from kids to adults.

brendo let me know what day your heading up.

Looking like it will probably be Saturday for us at this stage - in the process of confirming it. If things change mate and we end up there on Sunday I will be sure to let you know so we can catch up.

Looking like it will probably be Saturday for us at this stage - in the process of confirming it. If things change mate and we end up there on Sunday I will be sure to let you know so we can catch up.

I'll be there Saturday ... looking to pick up some apple juice for a cider.

Have the sweat mead yeast in the starter ready to go.

dont forget your own containers (cubes/jerrys) if you want juice to take home.

best.juice.ever

dont forget your own containers (cubes/jerrys) if you want juice to take home.

best.juice.ever

good tip... thanks Fents... and it is confirmed, I will be there saturday mate... so looks like we won't be catching up...

the only problem i have with their juice is that $3 p L is a little expensive. yeah ok its fresh and 100% juice but still.... that $69 for a 23L batch.

the only problem i have with their juice is that $3 p L is a little expensive. yeah ok its fresh and 100% juice but still.... that $69 for a 23L batch.

agreed... it is pretty steep. I am planning on doing a batch big enough for a keg - first time I do one, so I will give it a bash. If I like it, I will look at alternatives for next time around.

Brendo,

Has the shuttle bus from Croydon railway station been put on soley for your benefit ?

Got to admit when I read the topic title, the mental picture was of teenagers in UK bus shelters drinking cheap bottled cider

But looks good. Very tempted to book a lunch table for swmbo & me for Sunday

Andy

Brendo,

Has the shuttle bus from Croydon railway station been put on soley for your benefit ?

Got to admit when I read the topic title, the mental picture was of teenagers in UK bus shelters drinking cheap bottled cider

But looks good. Very tempted to book a lunch table for swmbo & me for Sunday

Andy

hehehehehe... yeah the shuttle bus would be pretty convenient from our place, but then I would have to lug a cube of apple juice along.

Enjoy if you make it along...

hehehehehe... yeah the shuttle bus would be pretty convenient from our place, but then I would have to lug a cube of apple juice along.

Enjoy if you make it along...
You could ways take a jug of the fermented stuff as a traveller

I'll probably be there, picking my nose and poking stuff with the same finger.

best day.

got there about midday sunday. wasnt as packed as previous years. hooked straight into an 8.5% barrell fermented somerset cider fermented with wild yeast this year. my god it was good. got another one and a pork and apple sauce roll and headed up to the garden bar for some seat action. sat around all day drinking the 8.5% somerset and the 5.5% still fermenting scrumpy.

filled up my 25L jerry can which says 20L on the side for $60 and got home about 3pm. now just to decide which yeast to pitch.

agreed... it is pretty steep. I am planning on doing a batch big enough for a keg - first time I do one, so I will give it a bash. If I like it, I will look at alternatives for next time around.

$18.90 for 20L of Aldi Apple juice! :beerbang: ($1.89 per 2L bottle!)

Sounds liek you had a good day Fents! Hows the head? :chug:

best day.

got there about midday sunday. wasnt as packed as previous years. hooked straight into an 8.5% barrell fermented somerset cider fermented with wild yeast this year. my god it was good. got another one and a pork and apple sauce roll and headed up to the garden bar for some seat action. sat around all day drinking the 8.5% somerset and the 5.5% still fermenting scrumpy.

filled up my 25L jerry can which says 20L on the side for $60 and got home about 3pm. now just to decide which yeast to pitch.

The Somerset was awesome... we got there early Saturday and it was pretty packed when we left at 2:30pm.

I got a nice cube of juice as well... will be pitching some champagne yeast at it shortly...

The Somerset was awesome... we got there early Saturday and it was pretty packed when we left at 2:30pm.

I got a nice cube of juice as well... will be pitching some champagne yeast at it shortly...
U home today Brendan u slacker? Having a work/brew from home day

I ended up having a few too many to drive.

Back