Kegs Available Again !

• Thread starter mchitiea
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mchitiea

To all.
Pepsi has not made a release of ball lock kegs since December of 2006.
I just received an email from Pepsi stating that they will release their last batch of kegs.
I should have 1,500+ kegs available in 1.5 to 3 weeks.
Estimated cost: $21/unit.
Cleaned and sanitized by Pepsi,
Pressure checked and sent pressurized.
Can send 4 per box.

Matt Chitiea
The CHI Company, LLC.
6070 Enterprise Dr.
Suite K
Diamond Springs, Ca. 95619-9442
530-622-8265
[email protected]

What's the air freight cost on the 4 kegs, now that USPS sea freight is no longer an option? Or have you found a better option?

Cheers Ross

I might be in for 4 of these at that price. Depends on shipping costs I guess. Bulk buy might make the shipping cheaper?

Any conversion needed for this type Ross?

BB

I might be in for 4 of these at that price. Depends on shipping costs I guess. Bulk buy might make the shipping cheaper?

Any conversion needed for this type Ross?

BB

Ball lock is the way to go. No conversion required.

Morebeer has had a deal (for quite some time) on 4 19L Cornys fully reconditioned for $100USD and free shipping to anywhere within US (you would presumably ship to a friend/relatives address to handle the further post to Australia). They do ship to Australia, and have a shipping calc. available on their website if you do want them to handle it exclusively.

I think you'll find going with Ross will still work cheaper (and likely quicker) than Morebeer/Pepsi because of Air Freight. Could be wrong. Haven't worked the numbers in a while.

reVox

edit: my apologies. Just checked the morebeer site and the special bundle of 4 reconditioned kegs is no longer available. Now $150/4 and currently out of stock

Hmmm, Pepsi says its the "last" release of their old kegs? Does that mean the supply is exhausted, not sure if Coke ever used the same kegs! Not good :unsure:

New ones are so expensive too.

Estimated cost: $21/unit.

Matt, can you give us a quote for 4 kegs including shipping (different shipping options would be good if you have them).
I'm assuming prices are $US, right?

Its unlikely we would get enough people together to get a 20ft container full of the things, but there are freight forwarding companies in California Click Here

Matt, any chance of touching base with one of these to see if we can get a bulk buy bundled up into one large shipment?

Just got an email back regarding postage from these guys, for 4 kegs to the Sunshine Coast:

"Shipping to anywhere in the AU is $76 for a box of 4 kegs. Transit time is
approx. 8 weeks.
Matt."

That's 4 x kegs + shipping = (approx)AUD$205 For 35 bucks extra, I can get 4 at Craftbrewer, and pick them up for free in a few days.... Suppose if there's a bulk shipping happening though.....

Just got an email back regarding postage from these guys, for 4 kegs to the Sunshine Coast:

"Shipping to anywhere in the AU is $76 for a box of 4 kegs. Transit time is
approx. 8 weeks.
Matt."

That's 4 x kegs + shipping = (approx)AUD$205 For 35 bucks extra, I can get 4 at Craftbrewer, and pick them up for free in a few days.... Suppose if there's a bulk shipping happening though.....

Nick,

I think you will find that he's unaware of the postal changes & is just repeating the charges from when he last had kegs. USPS no longer have a seamail service, so please make sure guys, before ordering.

cheers Ross

Nick,

I think you will find that he's unaware of the postal changes & is just repeating the charges from when he last had kegs. USPS no longer have a seamail service, so please make sure guys, before ordering.

cheers Ross

USD76 for postage - that doesnt look right.

I have just ordered a Conical from the US - via USPS (Air) amounts to USD104 for postage. Weight would probably be similar to 4 kegs - volume much less.

RM

USD76 for postage - that doesnt look right.

I have just ordered a Conical from the US - via USPS (Air) amounts to USD104 for postage. Weight would probably be similar to 4 kegs - volume much less.

RM

I think 4 cornies in a square formation would be the same box size but shorter than the conical.

USPS country conditions for mailing - Australia

I just used the online rates calc from his zip of 95619-9442 to mine 3206 (VIC), 44LBS/Package and generated:
Rates_grab.png

reVox

yeah there was a post from MAH before detailing postage costs (apparently it works out to $75/keg delivered) but it disappeared within minutes... no idea why

If we don't have enough for a full 20ft container, couldn't we go through a freight forwarder with an LCL?

If there is enough interest I would put my hand up to have some sent in a container. Surely nation wide there would be enough?????

Pok

Latest posts

Back