Kegs And Conditioning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a relatively newb to kegging (5 been and gorn), all these responses are really interesting. I was told:-

Keg your beer
Gas to 200kpa, then burp
Place in fridge at 3-4 deg/24hrs
Leave in fridge whilst gassing at 350kpa for another 24hrs
Wait a few days for slight metallic taste to dissapear
Dispense at 80-100kpa
Gas only needs to be on when pouring pressure drops

So far this method has been very hit and miss, trial and error. My beer always turns out spot-on in the end, but just a bit of muckin' around.

What are your thought on this one? Is there a better way - Snow's method seemed the easiest.

Any help for the newb?

My old man always said, 'if you don't ask, you don't find out'

dt,

I use 2 kegs, one drinking, one gassing. When I started last October, I set the regulator to 98 kpa and left it. I haven't touched the regulator since, and I get perfect beers every time.

It takes about 9 days for me to drink a keg, so the other one is gassing for that time.

Set and forget. :unsure:

Easy.

cheers
Dave

Read the wiki and threads on the "ross method" and force carb it with shaking. It WILL take a few goes to get it right, but looking back on my first time I'm glad I spent that hour farting around with it and had a beer that night rather than leaving it hooked up at serving pressure for a week!

Latest posts

Back