KegKing Magnetic Drive Pump MK II runtime

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msydes

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I realised a while ago that my HERMS + Vac Sealer basically means I have a massive sous vide to use when I'm not brewing. Done a few steaks in there in the past that have come out brilliantly, and want to try doing a full leg of lamb over 24 hrs, just concerned about the pump being run continuously for that length of time.

Online it just says it can be run continuously, but seeing as that'd be in the context of brewing, can't imagine that really means anything more than 3-4 hours or something.

Does anyone know if it'd be safe for me to run it for 24 hrs at around 55 degrees?

Thanks,
Michael

Can't answer your question directly, but if you're worried about burning out the motor, you could hook it up to one of these bad boys and run it 45min on / 15min off;
49161200.jpg

Accidentally left mine running for 3 days once whilst doing a cleaning recirc. When I had a grainfather I left the pump running for 20 hours doing a sous vide.

Not a bad idea, MTB.
Sounds like it'll handle 24 hrs easily enough!

Thanks,
M

I believe the plate on the pump states continuously rated; their for there should be no issue.

Should be fine especially at that temp, most electric motors should be capable of running at winding temps of 100 degrees without damage. Touch the motor casing now and then will give you an idea of motor temp if worried, I would suggest it would actually be cooler than when doing a brew.

Latest posts

Back