KegKing Heating element shorting out...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't replace the Keg King element with another one, throw it in the bin. IMHO they are dangerous and Keg King should not sell them. Do they seriously need someone to die before they stop selling this shit.

Read this thread on them.

wow, there is certainly a pattern of problems with these elements.

QldKev said:
Don't replace the Keg King element with another one, throw it in the bin. IMHO they are dangerous and Keg King should not sell them. Do they seriously need someone to die before they stop selling this shit.

Read this thread on them.
Ah that's the thread I remember. Certainly stopped me from buying one.

Was about to brew up a hefe this arvo and POP!... My HLT keg king element blew. That's two elements in one year now. Can't believe they are getting away with selling such a faulty product. Might have to look into buying a five star distilling element this time

mention it to consumer affairs. let them know about it. they will keep getting away with it till the proper people know about it.

mofox1 said:
Damn - what a bummer intro to electric.Most likely you'll need to replace the element (not unheard of for the keg king ones)... although make sure you're using it on a dedicated circuit (or everything else is turned off) just in case the beer fridge was helping with the overload.If it's an RCD breaker that's tripping it could be an earth leakage. Multimeter tests between the neutral/earth and active/earth pins on the element plug may identify this... also test with the pot wall instead of the earth pin.If it's an earth leakage, or you're sure it's shorting out, then get onto keg king... they know the drill. Or, order a Camco one from Amazon (from about $25 delivered), and get a sparky to wire up a suitable extension lead for it.Other more expensive (probably more reliable too) options out there, can't vouch for any but I've heard names like 5 Star and an AHB'er going by Punkel(?) that do nice SS elements... OBS has got some elements as well, plenty of choice out there.Good luck...
I think you are referring to Punkin ? Could be wrong....

The ones supplied by punkin are top notch elements. I've got 5 of them now

Latest posts

Back