Kegging Shopping List? Or How To For A New Guy:)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for all the responses - I'll make my decisions and get back to you all with the setup I end up with!

Certainly a lot to consider!

Matt

Matt,

you're getting a lot of good responses, so I'll just offer a couple of tips. First, get all your beer/gas lines, disconnects, t-pieces, clamps and beer line cleaner from Andale in Coorparoo. Much cheaper than the HBS. Second, consider buying a second hand fire extinguisher as your gas bottle. I got mine from Blaze Fire Protection at Loganholme, filled for $110 (5kg). After putting in the order, it took a month for one to turn up. Hoops got his within a couple of days. Just depends on what they're getting in at the time.

If you want to talk kegs, I'd be happy to chat some time. PM me if you're keen.

Cheers - Snow

sluggerdog said:
What is a male and female disconnect?
[post="47955"][/post]​

Hi sluggerdog,
This is usually reffered to as Marriage. :lol: :lol:

Sorry for going off topic there. I couldn't resist. :unsure:

cheers
johnno

Mobrien

I'm also in the process of going to kegs.

Did a fair bit of shopping around for regs and the like and ended up going with GMK, as his prices were good and service was great. Gear turned up today actually so keen to get a brew in it sometime in teh next few weeks.

I will run with a soda stream cylinder for a while. $11 refill and you should get 3 kegs out of it. Not teh cheapest option but will get me started and I'll eventually hunt around for a converted fire extinguaisher.

Hope this helps.

Richard.

Matt, did you get my PM? It's not showing on my Controls that the message went through.

- Snow

Snow - yeah thanks, I've just replied too!

M

Hi All,

I have been away for this site, from brewing and life in general for a while, but damn it is good to be back and have a full 22L of DK's wheat sitting in primary!

I have a quick question about kegging, I am sick to death with cleaning bottles and frankly the wife is sick to death with bottles being left everywhere around the house.

So I am investing in a few essential kegging items, some of eBay, some I already have laying around.

Getting back to the question - Is there a handy "how to" page or sheet someone can point me to or send me that will explain right from the drilling holes in the fridge step, to the poring of the beer step??

Any advice would be wonderfully appreciated.

Cheers
Dave.

:) if you need to justify the keg purchase and gas hire with your finance controller, just show her this list:

draining beer bottles clutter up the kitchen sink
endless cartons of beer purchased (maybe $60-$80 a week)
shed full of bottles
always outside swearing and cleaning bottles
loads of hot water ($)
trips to the bottle recycle place
unhappy hubby with no pint in hand

i rest my case.
(i think the 1st one is the clincher though)

I had a look at brewersdiscount and saw this 2 keg system, would this all be ok to use in aus? or the gas bottle wouldnt be right for here? Oh and hows the price ?

http://www.brewersdiscount.com/item153277.ctlg

Cornelious Dual Gauge Regulator, 5 LB CO2 Cylinder, Two Rebuilt 5 Gallon Cornelious Keg,12 Feet of Super Flex Tubing, Quick Disconnects, Faucet, Clamps, 4 Oz BTF Sanitizer, 4 Oz BLC Beer Line Cleaner, CO2 wrench
Our Price: $171.55

Thanks,
Keith

It would be much easier for people to help you locally or refer you to other distributors if you fill in your location.

You will have problems getting the CO2 cylinder refilled here. It will not have the right compliance stamps on it.

If you get one of those kits without the CO2 cylinder you may or may not have issues with the regulators out here having the right thread to fit. Hopefully someone else can chime in whether they will fit our local CO2 cylinders or not.

The Country Brewer list price for 2 kegs, tap, reg, disconnects, line and clamps is $420. You come up with the fridge and CO2 bottle.

If you want a system straight away, approach your local homebrew shop and buy a package from them. They will also be able to advise on who hires out CO2 cylinders in your area.

If you are prepared to wait, buy the kegs from Brewers Discount and the rest of your gear from GMK. PM him, he is on this board.

Latest posts

Back