Kegerator Repair

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavcol

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Euro Grand Kegerator, bought 11 yrs ago and had very good service from it but it's finally started playing up.
The display auto switches repeatedly between F & C temps and the fridge doesn't work for very long.

I tried leaving it off for a few hours and then turned it back on again. It seems to work for about 2 mins, I can hear the compressor or fan kick in and sounds like it's working normally for those few mins but then the fridge beeps a few times and the display switches between F & C again then the compressor shuts off for about 30 seconds before it starts up again for about a minute then shuts off again. It constantly goes through this cycle.

I've long since lost the manual and can't find one online to check what this might mean.
Is it the circuit/controller board ? or the compressor ? or thermostat ?

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and find the bodgy part that needs replacing ?

Thanks in advance.

Gav

I've got one of those Euro Grands. I don't have any solutions but it definitely sounds like a power supply issue to me. That would explain it switching F to C and the beeps I would imagine. Best of luck with it!

You need to buy a new controller for it, the controller on the top front panel that includes the display. They are easy to change and will fix your problem. Not only that, they have been upgraded from the original so they are a bit more user friendly and more stable. You will need to do a thorough search for it on Google, just put in Keggerator series 2 controller. I reckon a guy in Perth has a few and IIRC, they run to around sixty bucks. The compressors in those things are really quite robust so it's definitely worth fixing.

You need to buy a new controller for it, the controller on the top front panel that includes the display. They are easy to change and will fix your problem. Not only that, they have been upgraded from the original so they are a bit more user friendly and more stable. You will need to do a thorough search for it on Google, just put in Keggerator series 2 controller. I reckon a guy in Perth has a few and IIRC, they run to around sixty bucks. The compressors in those things are really quite robust so it's definitely worth fixing.

Awesome thanks. I'll give it a go. I was hoping it was only going to be that controller.
Is it definitely a series 2 controller though ?

Thanks again
Gav

Awesome thanks. I'll give it a go. I was hoping it was only going to be that controller.
Is it definitely a series 2 controller though ?

Thanks again
Gav
I would say so, mine is also Euro Grande but I can't recall when I bought it. It would have to 7 or 8 years ago, In any case, they are all fairly generic and just branded according to the importer. My controller packed up about a year ago and once replaced, now works better than ever. The main control box is down near the compressor, they are also replaceable though not so prone to problems. They have a small cooling fan them and mine is getting quite noisy but easily replaced with a new fan from Jaycar. Have a hunt around I'm sure you'll find a new one from somewhere.

Hi Gav, I had the same issue flicking between C & F. I pull mine apart and found a small bug between keypad causing the issue. I replaced the controller while I was at it. Now I have a greater temp range. I also added the Kegland 4 font as well, as I can a 4kg mini keg on back hump and run Nitro to it.

Back