Kegerator Query

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klemmstein

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, however a work mate of mine is looking to buy a Kegerator off of eBay.

Here's the link (hope it works)

http://tinyurl.com/6s5p8u

Has anyone had experience with this item. Any comments on quality etc would be appreciated.

Thank you all, for your time and effort.

Best cheers,

K

Hey,

Looks good to me, I'm not really sure if its good or bad value?? It would be easier than setting one up yourself (very helpful for me), and it has a one year warranty.

I've been looking at getting one of these too, I havn't heard anything negative about them yet..?

Klemmstein, that looks absolutely great and with all that gear the price is excellent.

The only thing Id change is, to keep the gas bottle outside the fridge.

Its a beautiful nice thingy and a highlight for a homebrewers household.

Cheers :icon_cheers:

Klemmstein, that looks absolutely great and with all that gear the price is excellent.

The only thing Id change is, to keep the gas bottle outside the fridge.

Its a beautiful nice thingy and a highlight for a homebrewers household.

Hi Zwickel, I havent seen your thingy, maybe you could show us yours.Bet it has some sort of fancy self pouring system or is that your nice ladies job. :rolleyes: Yes out side the cooler for the Gas.
Prost GB

Bought one of these for my son. Seems to be going OK. Lots of spare gaskets. Good value - ours cost $450 plus $90 delivery, same mob.

Cheers, Hoges.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before, however a work mate of mine is looking to buy a Kegerator off of eBay.
The only problem I can see is getting the co2 bottle refilled.
I've got one just the same and nobody in my area will touch it.
Most places will only refill bottles that actually belong to them, like BOC and Air Liquide etc.
He may need to either rent one or buy one outright from someone like mykegonlegs.

Hi Zwickel, I havent seen your thingy, maybe you could show us yours.Bet it has some sort of fancy self pouring system or is that your nice ladies job. :rolleyes: Yes out side the cooler for the Gas.
Prost GB

howdy Neville, mine is not as nice as others here.
here it stands in my brew shed:
paulaner3.jpg

but Ive moved it into our kitchen, in the corner behind the door ;)

3617.JPG

The gas bottle gets refilled by myself.

As a dispensing bottle I have a 10kg gas bottle that I stand upside down to refill the other smaller bottles. That works very well.

paulaner3.jpg

but Ive moved it into our kitchen, in the corner behind the door ;)

3617.JPG

The gas bottle gets refilled by myself.

As a dispensing bottle I have a 10kg gas bottle that I stand upside down to refill the other smaller bottles. That works very well.

Nice Rack I mean font :icon_chickcheers: Yes as the poster says " Man can not live on beer alone" Yum.
GB

looks the goods but do they hold the taller postmix kegs ? they are obviously designed to hold the 50 litre commercial kegs .. just something to think about ..

looks the goods but do they hold the taller postmix kegs ? they are obviously designed to hold the 50 litre commercial kegs .. just something to think about ..
at least mine holds two postmix kegs and I think the one from ebay does it either, have a look:

2821.JPG

:icon_cheers:

Hi all, any idea how easy it would be to replace the single tap font that is included in the kegerator with a multi-tap font?

Hi Peoples,

Thanks for all the comments. Very much appreciated.

All will be taken on board and relayed back to my work colleague.

I will keep monitoring this post, in case any further comments are forthcoming. :icon_cheers:

The Co2 cylinder was a concern of mine too, however, if they can fill fire extinguishers then maybe...

In the end, it will be his decision, but at least he will be better informed thanks to your comments.

Cheers guys & many thanks.

K

i have one of those off ebay. ill post info on how i found it from the office tomorrow if you can wait that long. on my mobile atm and its hard to read the forum. mine cost me 350 plus postage

paulaner3.jpg

I had that poster on my wall when I did my tertiary education. It is true, man can't live on beer alone :p

Doc

i have one of those off ebay. ill post info on how i found it from the office tomorrow if you can wait that long. on my mobile atm and its hard to read the forum. mine cost me 350 plus postage

Mine looks basically like this

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showim...,0&format=0

I got it for 350 without a gas bottle, as far as i know the ones that come with it are going to be an issue to get refilled, my gas and kegs etc were all bought prior to getting this fridge (i used the kegs on legs swap and go system).

There were only some small issues with the fridge, the beer line that goes to the tap is slightly too large to fit over the barbed disconnects on a corny keg so I had to whittle down the outside of the beer line to fit on a line clamp. After that everything worked perfectly (I could have just re plumbed the thing but I didn't have any spare gas/beer line).

To deal with the gas bottle being external to the fridge I ran the gas line through a small hole in the back of the fridge normally used to drain out condensate. This made it easy yo have the bottle external (as mine is slightly too tall to fit inside the fridge).

If you want me to take measurements etc just ask.

Cheers,
Dave

looking at buying one of these exact fridges, they look good for the price (except it comes with a CUB coupler which I would never use), so a few other small purchases would allow the beer fridge into the second bedroom and it can fit two cornys at once.

edit. which one would be better? a chrome font or powdercoated one? the guy selling the powdercoated model claims the beer will come out cooler than the chrome font, is this true?

bump. I plan on buying one this week if I can get any updates :)

Hi All,

Here's the link (hope it works)

http://tinyurl.com/6s5p8u

Has anyone had experience with this item. Any comments on quality etc would be appreciated.

Thank you all, for your time and effort.

Best cheers,

K

I have seen the aftermath of people coming in looking for spare parts at work. The only word I can use to describe peoples feelings/dissatisfaction is dissapointment. Also the bottles that come with them are not a standard thread they are close and can be made to fit, but are not standard.

looking at buying one of these exact fridges, they look good for the price (except it comes with a CUB coupler which I would never use), so a few other small purchases would allow the beer fridge into the second bedroom and it can fit two cornys at once.

edit. which one would be better? a chrome font or powdercoated one? the guy selling the powdercoated model claims the beer will come out cooler than the chrome font, is this true?

I have purchased the kegerator from the chap who offers the powder coated beer font and it was insulated with some soft foam sheet.
I have also purchased a twin beer font which is chrome and it has identical insulation in it so I wouldn't be surprised if they all come with a sheet of this soft foam for insulation.
Even if you get a chrome beer font without insulation, it should be easy enough to retrofit similar insulation or even something which would be an idea better.
Bear in mind if you drop the temperature by a degree or two, it probably makes up for the short 30cm run of plastic tubing going through the chrome tower.

In terms of getting the bottles of gas re-filled. Is that an issue with non Australian threads moreso than not being Air Liquide or BOC?

Zwickel, when filling your second keg from the primary keg - Is it a matter of bleeding the secondary or is that something not recommended due to the nature of the gas we are dealing with? Considering presure would normally equalize, what is the reason for turning the bottle upside down? I have a full 9KG and a smaller (and still empty) 2.5KG to be mounted on the inside of the kegerator. Beyond convenience of getting to the regulator dials, what other reasons are there for keeping the bottle outside?

Thanks

Roller997
:icon_chickcheers:

Zwickel, when filling your second keg from the primary keg - Is it a matter of bleeding the secondary or is that something not recommended due to the nature of the gas we are dealing with? Considering presure would normally equalize, what is the reason for turning the bottle upside down? I have a full 9KG and a smaller (and still empty) 2.5KG to be mounted on the inside of the kegerator. Beyond convenience of getting to the regulator dials, what other reasons are there for keeping the bottle outside?

gday mates,
Roller, I dont want to hijack this thread.
To answer your questions I will open a new thread in the section Gear & Equipment: "Something about CO2"

Latest posts

Back