Kegerator Modification - Create More Space

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O-beer-wan-kenobi

Reaction score
I have a 3 x keg kegerator that I bought along with 3 x 19l kegs. Recently I bought 2 more 19l kegs but these are slightly wider and shorter than the 3 I have.
Now when I try to fit these 2 wide kegs in my kegerator they wont fit. I can manage to get one of the wider kegs in but not both. The door will not quite shut.
The kegs that came with the kegerator are 210mm in diameter. I new ones are 230mm. The kegerator is the Westway

What Im thinking is to cut out some of the "hump" at the back so that I can push them in a bit further, and I would probably need to seal up the insulation with some sort of resin or lining.

Has anyone had this problem or do they have any suggestions to squeeze these kegs in?

It sounds like the second pair of kegs you have are pin lock, or pin lock converted to ball lock... hard luck

If it were me, I would be inclined to resell the short and stocky dudes and pick up some OG ball lock cornies. I once saw a keg fridge where the compressor hump had been cut away almost entirely to fit kegs, it wasn't the prettiest sight and it put me off any such notion!

If you don't mind the look then give it a crack. I think the guy used fibreglass to patch and expanding foam to insulate

I had the same problem. My larger kegs also had a slightly larger capacity. I organised a swap with a mate who used a larger kegerator. I wouldn't be cutting into my fridge just because of a keg.

My other suggestion is that you can probably get 1 bigger and 2 smaller kegs in at the same time. Why not work on a rotation policy?

dont butcher the kegerator. Sell the fat ones and buy again.

Back