Keg Setup Walkthrough

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you have a suitable clean keg
gas
beer lines and dispenser
correct keg coupling
the people to drink it then your on your way ashman

:beer:
big d

Thanks Big D, and you're right, we've got all that stuff!!!

It's very exciting, Jay and the Dr talked about my party on Triple J yesterday morning. They can't make it but were keen to give it a plug, pay me out a bit and have a laugh.

Fun stuff.

Ash

PS: I'm still keen to write up my proceedings as a guide to others wanting to try this in the future. At least then it will stand on its merits, or otherwise :)

Urm, I thought this was a forum about home brew, not a chance the espouse moral concerns on the unfortunate. I couldn't care less about these so called "keg collectors", I mean, cmon, what a waste of time. How are they going to catch me? Drive by my house and magically see the kegs inside or do they have a keg locator device that can home in on them. And there's no way they'd be able to subpeona my ISP information to track me through this web post. I can see it now: ISP: "so someone posted crap in a web forum and you want to know who it is?" CUB: "Yes, that's right." ISP: "And they may have stolen something, worth how much again?" CUB: "Well, we give them away for $20..." ISP: "What the fxxk?" ... what a waste of everyone's time.

Let's stop fear mongering and instead focus on the project at hand - feeding butt-loads of beer to heaps of fun people for next to nothing in cost.

Ashman,
The guys were just trying to give a bit of advice to you. It is your choice whether you accept the advice or not, but I think perhaps you are don't really understand the spirit of this forum. Perhaps you should read the moderation guidlines.

Cheers
BradT

So here's the drawing for my keg connector. All the measurements are easy to make and anyone attempting this kind of work is most likely to want to do them again anyway. However, it shows the basic idea involved.

Ash

CUB_Keg_Connect.png

Fingerlickin_B said:
You need to get Co2 in, not just beer out ;)

PZ.
[post="89050"][/post]​

No you don't. The carbonation and pressure in the space above will force the beer out. I will have a T-interesection and recharge the keg with CO2 one or two times while it is being drunk.

I've dismantled the spear on the keg a few times and have come to the conclusion that there is only one hole there. I thought that the ball lock was variable, half way down for gas in, then full down for beer out, but that's not the case at all. It's all or nothing. I'm still not sure if I believe it myself, but the evidence is sitting right in front of me on the workbench.

If you can point me to tech diagrams, drawings or photos of a dismantled connector then I would be most appreciative.

ashman said:
Urm, I thought this was a forum about home brew, not a chance the espouse moral concerns on the unfortunate. I couldn't care less about these so called "keg collectors", I mean, cmon, what a waste of time. How are they going to catch me? Drive by my house and magically see the kegs inside or do they have a keg locator device that can home in on them. And there's no way they'd be able to subpeona my ISP information to track me through this web post. I can see it now: ISP: "so someone posted crap in a web forum and you want to know who it is?" CUB: "Yes, that's right." ISP: "And they may have stolen something, worth how much again?" CUB: "Well, we give them away for $20..." ISP: "What the f@&k?" ... what a waste of everyone's time.

Let's stop fear mongering and instead focus on the project at hand - feeding butt-loads of beer to heaps of fun people for next to nothing in cost.
[post="88988"][/post]​

The fines start adding up, when they realise you used a Coles shopping trolley to transport the offending keg(s) home, and that you have your fermenter propped up on a couple of mik crates.......

BTW, why spend all this money and time on 100 litres of Farmland Lager? Seems a bit like putting retreads on a Lambourghini and taking it out for a spin in the rain??

Closing this thread due to repeated breaches of the forum guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back