Keg setup help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danbrain

Reaction score
I've decided to start kegging. So far I've got 2 corny kegs and a chest freezer. I'm still to get a co2 bottle, which I'm pretty sorted with, and a regulator. I've seen triple tap fonts on eBay but have no idea which ones I should be looking for and what other equipment I'll need. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you have a chest freezer and don't want to go down the font route, have a look into making yourself a collar for the chesty.

That's what I shall be doing once my back pocket will allow it.

you need to get a temp controller like the stc1000 and make yourself a controller box, heaps of stuff on here about it

I've got a chesty with a collar and an ST1000. I use it as a keggerator and a fermentation chamber (not at the same time). Couldn't be happier. Putting it together was easy even for a ham fisted computer jockey like myself.

EDIT. Adding detail that actually addresses the OP :)

I've got:
  • Two long shank taps
  • 2 x 3m beer line (coiled and tied to balance the system)
  • 2 gas connections
  • 2 beer connections
  • 1 T piece gas line splitter
  • 1m gas line (1 non return valve inline)
I have the gas bottle and regulator outside of the chesty with the line going through a hole in the collar with the T piece on the inside.
I also lined the inside of the collar with some dense blue foam matting that I got from clarke rubber.

It can fit 4 19L kegs in server mode or 2 fermenters in fermentation mode.

The ST1000 is set up in a black plastic box from jaycar. It was assembled for me via magic and witchcraft by a mate.

If you don't feel like (or have the skills to) make a collar, consider a picnic tap, with a curly hose. I got a great pour from these and saved me drilling out a fridge.

Back