Keg lost pressure

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciderman

Reaction score
I kegged my first beer last Monday using the force carbonation method. 90 seconds at 200kpa then flick back to 65-70kpa for serving.

Poured perfectly. Beginners luck perhaps. The beer was in my temp controlled ferment fridge and had been cold crashed at zero degrees so would have been carved at 5 degrees at a guess. Returned it to the fridge at 18 degrees as I had just put down a beer.

Just bought the temp control for my keezer on Friday and transferred the keg to the keezer set at zero degrees. I noticed the Kpa had dropped from 65kpa to about 30-40. I bumped it back up to 65kpa. Has lost all carbonation.

I assume this from from the temp shift. Do I need to force carb again? Help.

Your beer is either absorbing the CO2 you're charging it with (presuming you don't still have gas connected?) or you have a leak.

Lost all carbonation as in ALL carbonation? If there's no pressure then you have a leak, simple as that.
Check posts, threads, PRV and rubber lid seal.

I just meant when I pour the beer it has lost its head. It's slightly effervescent. I did a leak check when I was setting up with the soapy water and got nothing. After loosing some pressure I put it back to 65kpa on Friday and it holding pressure.

I was just guessing that the temperature rise had something to do with it. In any event, I'll triple check I don't have a leak. If I don't do I need to force carb again?

Will try that. From what I've read it's also possible it wasn't carbed enough to start with.

Back