keg king soda stream adapter question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewn00b

Reaction score
I have a keg king soda stream adapter but the o-ring doesn't seem to fit. Anyone have one of these? How tight should the o-ring be? From a video I saw looks like it should just pop in without forcing it.

IMG_20150301_202935.jpg

How much does it miss by ? I'd get the stanly knife into it or some sand paper ...
You do need it...
Another quality product from those boys by the looks of it

Not heaps, modifying would probably work but don't want to screw it up if it is meant to be tight. Thought maybe there might be a trick to getting it in there.

Turns out it is the wrong sized o-ring. Sounds like they will happily replace it once they get more in. Looks like I'll be bottling my current batch while I wait though

So I trimmed the washer down a bit and buggered if I can get the thing to seal. Gas everywhere but in the regulator. Time to go fork out for a proper bottle.

I found that teflon tape wrapped around the thread on the soda stream gas bottle temporarily controls the "gas everywhere" when connecting a full gas bottle and the regulator up till the washer seats and seals.

Make sure the little screw out thingy in the adaptor is screwed out far enough to push the pin on the soda stream bottle, but not too far so the bottle doesn't screw on far enough to seal.

Latest posts

Back