Keg King MkII Temp Controller

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the issue would be under the black plate with the serial number on it.

Some engineers should not be engineers and some designers should be engineers. Same in all ways of life.

I'm going over my rough sketches and I'm not sure I've found an error of mine yet.

I'm for truth first and ego last so if you see a mistake, let me know.

Zorco said:
Some engineers should not be engineers and some designers should be engineers. Same in all ways of life.

I'm going over my rough sketches and I'm not sure I've found an error of mine yet.

I'm for truth first and ego last so if you see a mistake, let me know.
In your pictures you have the picture of the internal wiring, this is looking from the inside to the front (earth point is a t the top)
In the second picture you are looking at the socket from the front (i.e. 180 deg out) also with the earth at the top. Thus if you panned 180 deg around the cooling socket would go from the RHS to the LHS... does this make sense?

Edit: I am a technician, I argue with engineers for a living :p

Most engineers should learn from technicians for a living.....

I see what you mean. When I was getting my orientation I looked at the main photo on the keg king site. It looked like the enclosure access was from the bottom.

I follow your directions but think the last operation should be roll 180 deg, not pan. I think that lines up with the controller pinout drawing too.

I'll have another think and will see if I can knock it up in 3D.

Just an update:

I've been in contact with Keg King and have returned the faulty unit to them.

They have sent a brand new unit to me which should hopefully arrive today, which means I can brew my first AG beer tomorrow!

Thanks guys for your help!!

I still reckon she's wired back to front based on the information we have.

See attached:

Glad KK is sorting it out for you Aaron. I hope the replacement arrives on time and you get into your first All Grain BREW!

Zorco

Yep, spelling errors on the plot. Me and they are one!

View attachment Review2.1.pdf

The wiring diagram in the manual is horrible, no wonder they wire it up wrong.

Latest posts

Back