Keg King Beer Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have done a search and haven't found too many reviews or opinions of the keg king beer taps. I'm looking at purchasing two. They come complete with handle and shank etc for fridge mounting. There is also a version with flow control.

I'm not after bling etc so don't have any issue with the taps not being full SS. I'm also aware of the Perlick's and Celi taps which there is a reasonable amount of content on AHB.

I'm also not a big drinker and tend to only have a few beers on the weekends and not drink during the week. Not sure if the low use is any issue with taps - I currently use a pluto gun which disconnected after each session.

These look reasonably priced. Interested in people's experiences and opinions on value for money.

I have done a search and haven't found too many reviews or opinions of the keg king beer taps. I'm looking at purchasing two. They come complete with handle and shank etc for fridge mounting. There is also a version with flow control.

I'm not after bling etc so don't have any issue with the taps not being full SS. I'm also aware of the Perlick's and Celi taps which there is a reasonable amount of content on AHB.

I'm also not a big drinker and tend to only have a few beers on the weekends and not drink during the week. Not sure if the low use is any issue with taps - I currently use a pluto gun which disconnected after each session.

These look reasonably priced. Interested in people's experiences and opinions on value for money.

I'm running 4 of them at home, 2 standard taps and a flow restrictor on my kegerator and a long shank one on the spare fridge, which is about to get another.

Had them running for over a year. They get a bit of a flogging and haven't had any dramas at all. Personally, i think they're pretty good value for money.

Like all taps, if they're cleaned regularly and well maintained, they should give years of hassle free service.

Hope this helps,
Martin

HBHB

Have you found the flow restrictor worth it or have you found the standard taps with correct line length all you really need?

HBHB

Have you found the flow restrictor worth it or have you found the standard taps with correct line length all you really need?

I love the flow restrictor, especially with wheat beers
It's best to clean them regularly tho. I drilled a hole into a cork and put this onto the spout to keep out insects between drinks
I have 2 standard taps with a column, make me an offer B)

HBHB

It's a bonus with Wits etc when you run a higher carbonation level. Mind you, i usually run my stouts through it too and they pour very well with only slight resistance dialed up (on a shorter line length).

They really come into their own to provide a slight amount of control over the flow rate which is adjustable according to carbonation levels. As such, they can be a worthwhile addition. What a flow restrictor won't do is help when a beer has been over-carbonated.

Hope this makes sense.

Martin

I run the ones with the flow control. They are good value for money and do the job well. I'd buy them again. Keep them clean though, i find they can stick a bit though that might have something to do with cleaning them so often there is no lubrication left. I rebuild my taps after each keg to clean them out using a sonicator for 10mins with beer washer. After that i find it needed to give them some keg / tap grease and punch them back in then a flick of the pinky can get the beer flowing.

Latest posts

Back