• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Keg Infection

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smileymark

Reaction score
I have had my first infection in a keg. It happened in ferment but did not pick it up. so I kegged it. I have never had a keg infection unfortunately one of the kegs then made it to the kegerator wondering what I should do.How should I sterilize the kegerator and the kegs. At the moment they are both full . thought i would pour the beer down the drain down the road to minimize anything hanging around..then bleach or napisan the kegs and the kegerator.is that right ?

make sure you pull the keg parts out smilee and give everything a good soak and a scrub. You will need to run cleaner through the beerline also.

Thanks is cleaner all i will need on the kegerator?
make sure you pull the keg parts out smilee and give everything a good soak and a scrub. You will need to run cleaner through the beerline also.

I run PBW through the lines then a hot water rinse.

Don't forget to give the fermenters and everything that may have lead to the infection a good clean.

Pull taps (fermenter) apart, and soak all of your gear, including the fermenter in your chosen sanitiser. Just in case the infection started before the keg stage.

Thank you all for your replies. Not sure what happened , infection i think was in the fermentor. Apart from the occasional bottle (only 2 ) I have never had an infection still not sure what happened. I remember the ferment was quicker and more vigorous then most. Any way I will put it down to experience..Thanks again

Back