Keg help needed...sorry :P

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very possible there is too much beer in your kegs, I'll have to come over and help drain them a bit...

So not knowing this 2nd hand fridge very well, I turned the temp down 2 settings and froze my beer lines :p

All good now though, will report back tonight after I run a few tests on foaming ;)

I have a keg king reg and yeah I cleaned plus sanitized the new lines.

Thats very generous of you Spork, such a charitable kind of guy :p

I have noticed that there are bubbles in my beer line. Is this a symptom of overcarbonation or fairly normal?

Not small bubbles like a carbonated beer, bigger bubbles. One being about 20mm long

do you have line clamps?
I had this problem when I wasn't using them, and when I had the clamps tightened incorrectly

sp0rk said:
do you have line clamps?
I had this problem when I wasn't using them, and when I had the clamps tightened incorrectly
yep, I use hose clamps on the beer line. They are tight

tbh, I don't have clamps on my beer lines either but they are a very tight fit on everything and/or a JG connection. But have had flow issues on the brew rig with tiny air suctions giving pumps etc a hard time. Definitely worth checking out.

As a side question but related, anyone know where to get a leak checking fluid? I'd normally use soapy water or just starsan but seems I have a leak at my reg or possibly even the nrv or in-line JG type joiner in the gas line. It is really slow, lost 50 psi in the gas bottle overnight. My mate mentioned 'Sherlock' that you spray on your lines and it blows into bloody big bubbles from the tiniest leak but it doesn't seem commercially available outside work... Anyone use anything similar in the pneumatics world?

practicalfool said:
tbh, I don't have clamps on my beer lines either but they are a very tight fit on everything and/or a JG connection. But have had flow issues on the brew rig with tiny air suctions giving pumps etc a hard time. Definitely worth checking out.
As a side question but related, anyone know where to get a leak checking fluid? I'd normally use soapy water or just starsan but seems I have a leak at my reg or possibly even the nrv or in-line JG type joiner in the gas line. It is really slow, lost 50 psi in the gas bottle overnight. My mate mentioned 'Sherlock' that you spray on your lines and it blows into bloody big bubbles from the tiniest leak but it doesn't seem commercially available outside work... Anyone use anything similar in the pneumatics world?
if you have a heatcraft or actrol nearby they have a leak detector called big blu. They are a Refrigeration mechanic shop.

Perfect!
Have both within 5-10 minutes of work. Guess I'll be making a lunch time visit. Looked it up too, sounds right what I'm looking for. Cheers mate.

practicalfool said:
Perfect!
Have both within 5-10 minutes of work. Guess I'll be making a lunch time visit. Looked it up too, sounds right what I'm looking for. Cheers mate.
no probs mate. Comes in a spray or with an applicator

calobes said:
I have noticed that there are bubbles in my beer line. Is this a symptom of overcarbonation or fairly normal?

Not small bubbles like a carbonated beer, bigger bubbles. One being about 20mm long
Yes that is a symptom of overcarbing / out of balance. They start out as small bubbles and float to the highest point to make a big bubble.
It means there is more co2 trying to get out of your beer than is being kept in by your serving pressure.

There may be some bubbles behind your tap at times because it is warm, but it shouldn't be much.

Latest posts

Back