Keg Gassing & Drinking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recall Jayse once talking in irc about the formation of carbonic acid during the 'quick' method of carbonation. I don't suppose anyone knows more about this?

i doubt carbonic acid will stay around for long. happier in other states IIRC

Just gassing my keg for the first time now, I have filled and burped the keg and now I have turned the gas on to fill the keg, problem is I turned and turned the dial trying to get it upto 250kpa (bar?) but it has stopped at 60 bar/kpa and I cannot turn it any further..

The first dial with smaller number is sitting on about 4bar while the other is on 60 bar.

I can hear the gas flowing into the keg though...

Am I doing something wrong???

If you have a dual gauge reg one gauge will be the bottle pressure which is large (cant remember but around 1000kpa?) the other should move as you wind in the knob.

What pressure have you got in the bottle? If it is nearly empty then conceivably it only has a low pressure in it?

1bar = 100kpa so you definatley don't want 250bar :eek:
1PSI = 6.9kpa - so if its PSI you want 36PSI to give you 250kpa

Yep after a quick call to GMK (thanks mate!) got a few things sorted out and now it is sitting sweet on 2.5 bar or 250 kpa just as it should. (I was way out in left field... Had no idea ha ha ha)

"The Joys of Learning to Keg"

Cheers, Beer for New Years!!

:chug: :chug:

Back